YFZ Central banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me...or does it seem like everybody that has a problem with the YFZ doesnt even own one :wtf

Im a mod over at exriders and all the time there is a thread bashing the YFZ and everybody that has coments about their 400ex,,------or even the new honda that hasnt even come out yet :re ------ being better and all..........have never even ridden,,,,,,,and i dont mean a 5 minute ride,,,,i mean RIDDEN a YFZ,,,,,,,,ive had a 400ex,,and it doesnt even compare to the YFZ even in modded form IMO,,,,,,,

just an observation,,,,,,,,but i guess all the complainers, nay-sayers and such are those who cant afford one and are justifying not being able to own one one by griping about it....i guess

well just had to get that off my chest.........latery guys......i hope my pipe comes in today 8)

oh and one more thing........... :yfz

·
Registered
625 Posts
CBW, you are alright in my book because of your trike collection. Anyways, I tried to fight off the kids over there but they dont listen to reason. Good thread BTW.
:yfz :woo

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
:stupid Totally right. I've owned a lot of honda's and stock for stock the TRX250r doesn't even compare with the new YFZ. I like honda's I really do, but to be blinded by the brand is just ignorance. I've tried to stick up for the YFZ somewhat, but it just doesn't work over there. But you just have to remember there are only about 1/3 of the members who know what they are talking about, and the rest are ...........well immature. :nono

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by edgerat@Aug 15 2003, 06:34 AM
CBW, you are alright in my book because of your trike collection. Anyways, I tried to fight off the kids over there but they dont listen to reason. Good thread BTW.
:yfz :woo
Thanks,,,,,but unfortunately i sold the trikes :O

But i sold the ATC R to a friend that used to race them out in Ca so i know he will take care of it...........i kept the beadlocks, and the hinson side case though .......side case is on my wifes R

and Merriman,,,,,,,youre right about only 1/3 of them knowing anything over there,,,,,,,some will just not listen to reason.and i am getting sick of wading through all the crap just to find a decent thread,,,,,,,i should just go ride my YFZ :evilgrin

i will get a pic up of my exhaust later guys....... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
CBW im krazykid300ex over there but now that i have had my yfz for 3 weeks i love it. i think you should post something over there. :) :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Honestly you can not believe anything you read abour reviews. Their are people who own the YFZ that will be biased, then their are the people who bash them but have never owned one but are just brand loyal. ONLY way you can tell how a machine is is AFTER you ride it. Too many variables for anyones review to be accurate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My honest opinion- the YFZ stock sucked compared to my modded Z, but when my YFZ is finished it will smoke the Z. By the way, why would Shane Hitt test the Honda then go out and buy two YFZ's?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by WP@Aug 16 2003, 03:49 AM
My honest opinion- the YFZ stock sucked compared to my modded Z, but when my YFZ is finished it will smoke the Z. By the way, why would Shane Hitt test the Honda then go out and buy two YFZ's?
:what :yfz

·
Registered
58 Posts
We had a 440 stroker EX and you can see the rest in my sig. By the way, Cannondale IS coming back. There is supposed to be an anouncement later next week. Check out www.cannondaleriders.com next week.

Out of the five race quads we have/had, the EX was the slowest and it was modded to the max.. Remember, I'm talking about MX racing only. Uncork the YFZ and airbox/jetting thing the Dale still beat it. But bearly beat it. When we get the YFZ back from Walsh, along with it getting fully modded, we expect it to be slightly better than our YZF426, time will tell. On a 2 1/2 minute MX track lap time, the Walsh/Dale was about 2 seconds slower than our 426

·
Registered
146 Posts
dawzie,

where do you live? you say you race district 6 and i think that is pa or md. is your cannondale red with walsh graphics? i seen a cannondale just like the one i discribed above at rausch creek at the spring ex riders ride. was it you?

·
Registered
58 Posts
No that wasn't us. My son broke his wrist in April. Just got back to riding end of July. We havn't raced D-6 this year.

Here is a pic of our YFZ, the guys in black are the owners of the dealership and my son is in the middle. The Dale is on the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
people who have problems with them are hardcore enough or are to cheepie lmao but they are amazing and people are jealous my neighbor has a z he says his has better shocks his shocks are pogo sticks :yfz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts