YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda a dumb quesition but just being sure

so today i went ridin and i noticed that whaen i giver' it kinda revs up a bit then the motor like kinda bogs then it takes off. When it revs up i do let off a bit but it shouldnt be that bad. There is quite a bit of snow here so that may be it. It is also hard to shift sometimes, even with the clutch fully in, it feels like power shifting but with the clutch. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you gotta drain the oil right? and i dont got a Caliper measuerer thing

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh okayy.

what can i do about the measuremants? Shouldnt i be able to tell just by lookin at them?

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
nope you wont be able to tell by looking at them. the tolerance is .2mm...hard to judge by eye lol

you wont need to tip the bike over, just pull the cover off the side and your there.

they should be 2.9mm-3.1mm...anything less than 2.8 will need replacing.

the spring free length should be 51.8mm, anything less than 50mm and they need replacing.

buy yourself a set of verniers too....you will always have a use for them.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (YFZ450 #69 @ Mar 1 2009, 09:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=752698
nope you wont be able to tell by looking at them. the tolerance is .2mm...hard to judge by eye lol

you wont need to tip the bike over, just pull the cover off the side and your there.

they should be 2.9mm-3.1mm...anything less than 2.8 will need replacing.

the spring free length should be 51.8mm, anything less than 50mm and they need replacing.

buy yourself a set of verniers too....you will always have a use for them.[/b]
whats verniers? im not very good at tool lingo lol
but if theres fibers still on it shouldnt it be good?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ohh, thats what i meant by measuring caliper thing lol

that sucks. Well i went riding today and i didnt notice it so i dont know what it coulda been. Could overheating oil cause slippage? The fan turned on once cuz i kept getting stuck so it was runnin pretty hot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts