YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my ebc clutch kit a few questions pulled the old plates and sprngs out and there is two small they look like huge washers/spacers do in need to take these out or put them back in. what should i torque the spring bolts to.. looked at there web site couldnt locate any information on installation.. thanks for the help

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think the YZ mod uses 9 fibers and 8 plates, so if the kit comes with that, then take the big washers out, if not, you'll still need them in there, and if thats the case, one of the fibers in the EBC kit will be bigger (have a bigger hole) than all the rest and thats the first one you have to put in.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it comes with 8 fibers and 7 plates put it together torqued it and before i put the cover on i pulled the clutch a few times and its stiffer i had to adjust the cable . that is with the big washers out
according to the pinned mod this should be correct 8 full fibers no washers?looking at it. only the last fiber is moving. is that correct

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
QUOTE (Ryder25 @ Feb 11 2009, 06:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745441
I think the YZ mod uses 9 fibers and 8 plates, so if the kit comes with that, then take the big washers out, if not, you'll still need them in there, and if thats the case, one of the fibers in the EBC kit will be bigger (have a bigger hole) than all the rest and thats the first one you have to put in.[/b]
im refering to the YZ mod...not the YZ setup, which is what you have said has the 9 fibre.

the YZ mod is just replacing the half fibre and washers with a full size plate

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
if all the fiber plates are the sme leave the rings out.as for tq specs use a #3 phillips screwdriver and tighten as tight as u can with out stripping the head or 5.8 ft lbs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts