YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to change my clutch perch but i see there is a switch attached to the stock perch and was wondering what does this do and how would i get rid of it? i know i maessed around with it on my warrior and it made me it so i couldn't start in any gear. i had to got to neutral to start everytime. i hope this is not the same. alright help me out???? thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes it is the same thing as your warrior. It lets the starter solenoid know when the clutch is in so you can start it in gear (but only with the clutch in)

If you eliminate the wire, it will only start in neutral.

If you bypass the switch, it would start in gear without the clutch in (possible starter damage) and you do not want to know the price on a starter for this quad! :O

·
Registered
220 Posts
my old 400ex had this too... just cut the two wires

try to start the bike with it in gear... if it doesn't start, connect the two cut ends and it will start right up... in any gear.

i don't know if they need to be connected or not, but do this and you will find out...

it shouldn't hurt the bike.. but be sure not to hit the starter if the motor is running.

want another trick...

get a kill switch button for a dirt bike and connect it to the starter button so you can get rid of that whole block of buttons...

i'm doing mine this weekend!!

now that we know what those wires are... what is that extra wire coming out of the throttle?

·
Registered
146 Posts
OR U COULD DO THIS DUHHHH...ALL U HAVE TO DO IS FOLLOW THE WIRE DOWN TO THE CONECTION AND THEN DISSCONECT ,,,,THEN FIND SOME REGULAR 14 GAGE WIRE OR ANY WIRE AND MAKE A LOOP I IT CONECTING TO THE OTHER CONNECTION ..THEN ELETRICAL TAPE IT UP AND THEN DUCK TAPE FOR EXTRA PROTECTION..THERE YOU GO ITS SO EASY :lol :lol

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i was talking to EX80 and i think he was saying that i could disconnect that box from the perch where the wire connects and mount it somewhere out of site and run an aftermarket Perch, a PEP or whatever i choose and it will work like stock with an aftermarket perch and lever. hopefully he can see this thread and clarify what im trying to say.

·
Registered
113 Posts
mark baldwin said the the wire harness on this quad is not very user freindly
we did that starter buttom on my brothers ex
i want to do the starter button(as mentioned above) and i have a kill swtich to install not to mention i want to get some levers and stuff
and anyone can figure this all out that would be sweet

·
Registered
220 Posts
Originally posted by slowguy76@Feb 3 2004, 02:41 PM
mark baldwin said the the wire harness on this quad is not very user freindly
we did that starter buttom on my brothers ex
i want to do the starter button(as mentioned above) and i have a kill swtich to install not to mention i want to get some levers and stuff
and anyone can figure this all out that would be sweet
under the left front fender there are a TON of wires..

the one that has the black plug... connect the kill switch to the WHITE wire in the black plug... kill switch easy!

·
Registered
220 Posts
i removed this wire on my quad last night..

when you remove it you have to put a jumper between the wires... in other words, the bike likes to have that circut closed to start..

so, remove the sensor from the pirch and follow the wire down under the hood... then YANK... the wires will unplug..

cut those connectors off about 2 inches from the end and connect those ends.. so you make a loop.. then connect them back under the hood.. then you are good to go!!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
can someone measure the diameter of the tubes on the yfz frame for me please. i would do it but i don't have my frame right now. thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts