YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered from Ebay from alba racing and got the alba clutch kit for a 2012 yfz450.. the springs are way too big to fit, the steel plates do not in any way fit the hub and the fibers don't seem to lign up properly too, the fibers fit on but seem like a few mm too small to catch the hub..
I then read the box it all came in and my model was not listed on it..
Did I get sent the wrong clutch ?
the 3rd pic is my original clutch

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Looks like you answered your own question. The box says it’s for something else you got shipped the wrong thing

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
OEM BRO. alba not that great anyways. Oem or rekluse.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I done a ton of research on this and people would have you believe oem is the way to go for clutch but turns out the Alba clutch is made better.. even yamaha agreed and they took this clutch back to Japan to do testing on it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Also AlbaRacing air shipped me the proper clutch free of charge and said keep this clutch and do what I want with it.. they apologize and said this is a terrible mistake..
As frustrated as I was about this whole ordeal I have to say they did go out of their way to help and fix their errors..
In all I got 2 complete clutch kits, rotor and rear brake pads for $117 cad
I did have to drill the rotor out and buy new pads but honestly the parts are very good quality if they ship the right ones tho lol..
I did take my previous post down and will stick to my statement about not buying anything from alba again but have to stress the quality is far better than oem but unreliable in my experience getting correct parts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Features:
-Smooth engagement.
-Alba clutch springs offer about 20% more spring pressure than OEM springs.
-Alba fibers and steel plates Will take more abuse and hold more power.
-Perfect for stock to built engines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts