YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a stock clutch cable fray? Mine did yesterday, and, in trying to find a replacement, I talked to someone who also just found their cable frayed. On both of our YFZs the cable frayed near the lever, just inside the sleve.

·
Registered
304 Posts
are you sure you have your clutch adjusted right so nothing is rubbing on the cable? anyways, get another oem one, they are the highest quality imo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It frayed where it wasn't exposed, so I don't think anything was rubbing it. I had to disconnect the cable at the bottom and pull it out at the top to just barely expose the frayed part. I've got another stock one on order, I just hope it is here before I leave for the Texas GNCC on Thrusday. Both of us were using similar aftermarket clutch levers, but I had been using that same lever on my 400EX for over two years without ever fraying a cable, and he had just recently switched from the stock lever to the Works Connection lever which has a good reputation.

·
Registered
106 Posts
mines fraying too.. i wonder when its gonna snap??
how much is the yzf clutch cable?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Street price for the YZ450F clutch cable is $21.

I haven't confirmed, for myself, that's it's longer. I suggest you confirm with someone who has already installed it to be sure it works ok on the YFZ450. I believe it was a participant from this message board who mentioned it. Maybe check with Merriman?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts