YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch cable snapped and the quad isn't even a year old yet. I only have really taken it out one or twice a month since I have first bought it. Is this normal?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Doesnt sound normal. My 14 has 96 Hours and no problems. My 08 with 325 hours is still on original cable.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it to the dealership and they said the warranty doesn't cover clutch cables. Even though they were the ones who adjusted it last. They did give me 15% off on a new cable though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cable on my 14 snapped after like 30 hours ... I called Yamaha and all they wanted was proof of my first service .. After that they called my dealership and the thing was fixed
Yeah I just found out that they didn't actually sell me a yamaha factory extended warranty. They sold me some sort of insurance warranty through some insurance company they deal with. I'm pretty pissed. :angry I had asked for factory extended warranty when I bought it to. They claimed oh no worries we can sell you that. They lied to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.