YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick technical question!
Wondering if an 09-10 GYTR clutch basket for a 450R will fit in my 16 450R? I don’t see why not but I also don’t want to be the idiot who pulls the entire clutch just to find out it doesn’t fit!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
It will, but you also need the thrust washer, hub/boss, and pressure plate and screws, fibers, etc. Only the Basket by itself will not work. U need everything from the 09r clutch.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
It will, but you also need the thrust washer, hub/boss, and pressure plate and screws, fibers, etc. Only the Basket by itself will not work. U need everything from the 09r clutch.

U gonna need to drill out the stock slipper basket to get the gear to transfer to the gytr basket WITH PERMANENT THREADLOCKER FREE OF OIL ON THREADS. IT IZ NOT A QUICK open package and slap it on.

USE A TORQUE WRENCH.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
U gonna need to drill out the stock slipper basket to get the gear to transfer to the gytr basket WITH PERMANENT THREADLOCKER FREE OF OIL ON THREADS. IT IZ NOT A QUICK open package and slap it on.

USE A TORQUE WRENCH.

Hmmm, my basket came in today with its own gear already pressed in. Brand new still in package from gytr.
Thank you for the info though much appreciated!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

so will this kit work? Sorry just want to get this right the first time

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Hmmm, my basket came in today with its own gear already pressed in. Brand new still in package from gytr.
Thank you for the info though much appreciated!
U REALLY REALLY 100% sure ITS A GYTR basket?

LOOKS like an OEM STOCK 09R basket.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
That looks like a raptor kit with the huge gasket. Probably a generic pic. What u actually get?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
U REALLY REALLY 100% sure ITS A GYTR basket?

LOOKS like an OEM STOCK 09R basket.

No this is the basket that came in today. I ordered it thinking I only needed the basket. I’ll just resell whichever basket I end up not using.
And it says it comes with 18p oem clutch basket with main gear, duner/trail fiber clutch plates x7, steel plates x6, duner clutch springs x6, clutch cover gasket

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
View attachment 94184
No this is the basket that came in today. I ordered it thinking I only needed the basket. I’ll just resell whichever basket I end up not using.
And it says it comes with 18p oem clutch basket with main gear, duner/trail fiber clutch plates x7, steel plates x6, duner clutch springs x6, clutch cover gasket
Actually I just took it out of packaging and realized there is no main gear in it. Lol. Makes sense since it’s made by Hinson and those don’t come with a main gear either

·
Registered
4 Posts
DO NOT LISTEN TO YFZGAMBLER. The guy is the biggest effin moron around. All you need is the 09 basket, spacer, and washer. Go to BNR motor sports they sell all three as a kit. Then the rest of the clutch fits as normal. Its was hundreds have done myself inclued.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DO NOT LISTEN TO YFZGAMBLER. The guy is the biggest effin moron around. All you need is the 09 basket, spacer, and washer. Go to BNR motor sports they sell all three as a kit. Then the rest of the clutch fits as normal. Its was hundreds have done myself inclued.
Thank you! Bnr is sold out but I’ll find it somewhere

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
U telling me the 09r basket fits with the slipper clutch 3 bolt pressure plate and the slipper boss hub as long as u have the 09r thrust washer? Is that right. So people have an option of all 09r clutch components or just 09r basket and 09r thrust washer and the rest slipper clutch components?

·
Registered
39 Posts
U telling me the 09r basket fits with the slipper clutch 3 bolt pressure plate and the slipper boss hub as long as u have the 09r thrust washer? Is that right. So people have an option of all 09r clutch components or just 09r basket and 09r thrust washer and the rest slipper clutch components?

this is all you need

18P-16150-00-00 PRIMARY DRIVEN GEAR (Yamaha) $213.63

5XD-16154-00-00
PLATE, THRUST 1 (Yamaha) $7.84

90215-20005-00
WASHER, LOCK (Yamaha) $4.62

·
Registered
333 Posts
this is all you need

18P-16150-00-00 PRIMARY DRIVEN GEAR (Yamaha) $213.63

5XD-16154-00-00
PLATE, THRUST 1 (Yamaha) $7.84

90215-20005-00
WASHER, LOCK (Yamaha) $4.62
Where did you find it for that price?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Is the 09r boss hub stronger better than the stock slipper one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does it fit a 2020 450r as well? I was told that it should be one of the first mods I should do

1 - 20 of 21 Posts