YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guys , every one with yfz450r 2014 and on shuld replace their clutch basket asap , befor it will fail and blow the engine !
As seen in the pictures , i replaced it with 2009 basket that have 8 pins instead of 3 in the new ones , that will not fail .
For more info - insta fage = ab_atv_mx

Attachments

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
From reading on the forums here it seems to have been an issue with the 2017’s and maybe newer. Kilroy on here has a 14 and I believe he has close if not more than 200 hours on his and all I ever saw him say is he replaced the clutch cable

·
Registered
274 Posts
From reading on the forums here it seems to have been an issue with the 2017’s and maybe newer. Kilroy on here has a 14 and I believe he has close if not more than 200 hours on his and all I ever saw him say is he replaced the clutch cable
This.

At least I keep telling myself that because I ride a 2016.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its simple , from 2014 and on , all the yfz450rs are equiped with slipper clutch , means , they have only 3 pins connecting the basket to the big sprocket .
The older bikes had 8 pins ....

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have a 2017 and had this same issue. But the issue isn't the number of pins. It's the springs don't want to stay in place. From what I have read it's only the 2017 quads and newer that have been seeing this issue.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
So is a 2009-2013 (Rs) OEM entire clutch components compatible with 2014+ EFI engines?

Someone should start a OEM parts list for the 2014+ to "downgrade" the clutch system.

Newer is not always better. What is next? Start stop in quads too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts