YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my motor back finally and when I went to put my clutch cable routed up I remembered before I ripped it down that something wasn't right. It didn't feel like the clutch cable was pulling the clutch arm in all the way to disengage/engage the clutch. I put it in first gear with the clutch in and the wheels lock up,before you can hold the clutch in and the wheels would spin freely*I believe* its been almost 2 years since ive ridden this thing so im a little rusty remembering how everything goes..here are some pictures.
The first one is when the clutch lever isn't squeezed in,in its normal position, the second picture is when the clutch is squeezed in and I have adjusted all the cables to pull the arm in as much as possible. Something still doesn't seem right to me, I think the clutch arm as to be pulled in more but I cannot get it to go anymore with the cable itself. If I push on it with a rubber hammer then it goes that extra bit which I think it needs to go. Anyone have any input on what my issue could be?
Thanks,John

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As you can see in the picture the arm moved maybe a inch at most. I replaced the cable twice already,it feels like its missing a spring or something to keep constant pressure on the clutch cable. When I also pull in the clutch lever the cable moves with the squeezing in motion of the lever causing me to lose some leverage on the clutch arm itself...I doesn't want to engage/disengage it feels like and its driving me crazy! Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It's a little hard to tell by the picture but you may need to rotate the arm on the shaft. Did you put a new clutch in or do the clutch mod? I've seen before where people have had to move the arm to get the proper adjustment. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The motor is a 08...I had it rebuilt by Kenz cycle. I told them whatever needed to be changed to do it. So the clutch is the same. I haven't messed with it or anything and was fine before I ripped her apart almost 2 years ago. I tried this morning to move it and I couldn't... It had spring pressure from both sides..I might have to try what you said though...release the spring pressure and turn the clutch arm a bit...is there a spring or something inside of the case?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
theres a tiny dot on that clutch shaft and a tiny dot on that clutch arm.. make sure they are lined up...

·
Registered
269 Posts
^x2. There are two dots that should be lined up. It may require you to move it one spline. Or it my have not got put back lined up. The spring on the arm holds pressure against the rod while the springs on the pressure plate apply opposite force.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The two dots are lined up. The arm has pressure on it from both ways...I have to get a video of it I guess. When I pull in the clutch lever it doesn't seem like the clutch arm is getting pulled in all the way to engage/disengage the clutch.

Shouldn't you be able to roll it in gear with the clutch in? My tires lock up when I try to roll it in any gear with the clutch pulled in

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mine you can roll in gear with the clutch pulled in but you can feel the drag of the motor. Take the clutch cover off and when you pull the lever see if it moves your pressure plate out.

Try rotating the arm one spline clockwise. That should throw your pushrod farther out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New clutch in it but this started.last time i parked it . I come back my clutch dont work no more
So replaced it and no differenc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts