YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess ive really never had this down, but with my clutch now if I start it in gear with the clutch pulled in the quad jumps forward a little bit. Also if its in gear and I wanna push it by pulling in the clutch you gotta basically break the quad loose and push hard and then it will engage the clutch. My 300 used to do this too so its not a problem with the yfz, just what to i need to adjust to get this back the way it way. The clutch freeplay isnt that much and it still does it?? only 10 hours on the bike..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here is an easy way to adjust clutch adjust the free play so you can fit a quater in between the perch and the lever. Then remove the quater should have a little slop in the lever. If not you have it too tight, it's always better to be loose than tight. Does the clutch slip at all?? If it does you might have smoked it already. :nono

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by trueblue450@Sep 11 2003, 09:22 AM
I guess ive really never had this down, but with my clutch now if I start it in gear with the clutch pulled in the quad jumps forward a little bit. Also if its in gear and I wanna push it by pulling in the clutch you gotta basically break the quad loose and push hard and then it will engage the clutch. My 300 used to do this too so its not a problem with the yfz, just what to i need to adjust to get this back the way it way. The clutch freeplay isnt that much and it still does it?? only 10 hours on the bike..
mine is the same way

·
Registered
212 Posts
When I have the clutch adjusted like the description ( small gap about a nickle witdh) it seems hard to shift pull the clutch in and and shift and it doesnt go into the next highest gear?? also when I let the clutch out it doesnt engage until the very very end ...like 7/8 of the travel.. shouldnt it engage before that? is there another adjust ment I dont know about ....there isnt one at the bottom of the cable like a 250r, is there one inside like a banshee?? plus the clutch doesnt slip ??? My dealer said that I must have gone through a clutch already I bet I dont even have 15 hrs on the machine..... they told me they would inspect the clutch for 45 bucks what a joke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts