YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys, been a while since I've posted here. Was thinking of something to mess around with while were slow at work, and thought I'd check to see if anyone on here would be interested in anything custom machined for their yfz, would maybe do something for other bikes or vehicles if you could send me the dimensions. I work at and have access to a full machine shop, with CNC Mills, CNC Lathes, CNC Machining Centers, etc. I'd be interested in doing large runs of things if we had enough interest, or doing something one off for someone who wants to be unique. I can't compete with ebay prices on wheel spacers, lowering kits, and things like that, but I can do some custom things competitively priced. If anyone has any interested you can pm me or reply here. I'd be glad to email or text someone some pics of some of our work, just never got the hang of posting pics on here. Thanks guys! Looking forward to hearing from some of you!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
^^^Yeah, simple things like that. Not flashy like the Blingstar units. Simple, like the GT Thunder ones. Or the lowered grab bars like the Houser one, but using 1/4" aluminum flat stock for the sides and 1" aluminum tubing for the rear-- I've seen some online, but didn't like how they looked. Maybe something closer to a PRM grab bar. How about a kill switch mount? LT-R breather bracket? A sturdier FCI mounting bracket? Throttle body heat shield? Fuel tank splash guard to replace the plastic piece? LED light bar mount? Battery box? Caster brackets? Steering stabilizer mounts? Just throwing ideas out.

·
Registered
219 Posts
you interested in doing some chromoly 4130 parts? like the steering stem bottom piece. antivibe pieces, the part that the conical bushing goes in. and then also, some tubing ends for a subframe to bolt to the frame, and lastly some simple threaded slugs and minor things like that.

stem bottom and antivibe parts would very preferably be 4130, the other parts listed could be mild but preferably 4130 as well.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
^^^I like the threaded slugs idea. Has anyone here ever fabbed their own aluminum subframe? I've done one from mild steel for a friend's '06 YFZ, but never out of aluminum. I'd like to try it, I think, but if it's not lighter than the stock unit, you might as well make it out of mild steel or chromoly. The aluminum would be a little more finicky to work with, but would definitely add to the cool factor. Maybe I'll give it a try...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Im making a custom one out of chromoly right now, going well. Looks great. just waiting on some threaded inserts at the moment... was going to do 6 PT, but the exhaust clearance was just not happening with the yoshi... so i went 4 PT, and i dont see there being any issue. Ill probably post pics up when its done. wish i had a tig welder though, and a nicer tubing notcher while i was at it... I made my own antivibe stem already too. turned out great.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
What part of Iowa are you in? I'm in northeastern Oklahoma, and as long as everything was tacked together, I could weld it up with my Miller SyncroWave 200. It may not be worth it for the price of shipping, though. You should post a pic of your stem. I helped a buddy with his stem. He bent and broke his a few times, so I took some pieces of Blaster and Raptor stems and re-made his stem. Not for a permanent solution, of course, but it worked well for the weekend. I plan on extending my stem by an inch or two. I already have the Precision bar mounts, so I don't really need an aftermarket stem. I'll just extend mine a tad. About the OP's custom pieces, I think there's quite a few good ideas here, and hopefully some other people will chime in, as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
once i get the subframe done ill post pics of it and the stem in another post, so keep your eyes open. yeah, i think shipping would be enough that it wouldnt be worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.