YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i tried removing the guard around the front sprocket and one of the screws was in so tight that it stripped. The other one came out like butter. My question is how do u change the sprocket. That chain is on there tight and i have no idea how to loosen it. I just dont know where to start. i got a new 15 tooth and want to install it. But i dont know how...thanx

·
Registered
921 Posts
losen the bolts on the swing arm slide chain foward, then take off nut holding sproket put new on exttttt, make sure u use the right size philips screw driver

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I just kept the chain on mine and had the wife hold the rear brake pedal down and loosend the bolt real easy then used the same method totighten it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by FAST1@Nov 25 2003, 06:03 PM
what method do you use to hold the sprocket to loosen the nut holding the sprocket on?
parking brake (if you have one)
sitting on the quad and reaching down to run the wrench/ratchet is very effective
having the quad in gear and on the ground works as well

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by FAST1@Nov 25 2003, 09:47 PM
what tightening torque did you use after installing a new gear?
54 ft-lbs

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by selector+Nov 26 2003, 06:17 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (selector @ Nov 26 2003, 06:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--FAST1@Nov 25 2003, 09:47 PM
54 ft-lbs [/b][/quote]
Ditto, but I don't have a parking brake so I had to use the wife.

She's good at putting on the brakes :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by selector+Nov 26 2003, 07:17 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (selector @ Nov 26 2003, 07:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--FAST1@Nov 25 2003, 09:47 PM
54 ft-lbs[/b][/quote]
I'd better claify... 54 ft-lbs is spec'd. When I change 'em in the sand, I don't torque 'em w/ a wrench - just by feel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts