YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a DIY or a thread on what steps is needed to swap the sparky plug on a efi yfz450r. I'm in the process of wanting to change it I don't wanna pull down more then I need to PLEASE HELP WITH INFO

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Seat, rear fenders, gas cap, tank cover, side covers, front fenders I can't remember 2 tank bolts up there, gas tank, drip shield under tank, rubber boot, spark plug. There are caps for the fuel pump and fuel line mounted on the fuel tank. Use your manual for torque ratings because many bolts are torqued to 5.1lbs?? You don't want to strip any threads out. Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seat, rear fenders, gas cap, tank cover, side covers, front fenders I can't remember 2 tank bolts up there, gas tank, drip shield under tank, rubber boot, spark plug. There are caps for the fuel pump and fuel line mounted on the fuel tank. Use your manual for torque ratings because many bolts are torqued to 5.1lbs?? You don't want to strip any threads out. Good luck!
or can i just move the tank to the side n sont take off the feed line just un plug harness

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'd recommend a small amount of anti seize on the plug threads too..

M

Reactions: goberle21
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.