YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often does everyone change their oil and oil filter? Does anyone use synthetic? I've heard that synthetic is best, yet I've heard I shouldn't use it for the 450.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
whats the recomended oil for the yfz450? i live in florida and even winter here is hot, gonna do first oil change this weekend and wondering what is recomended full syn? a blend of syn? or no syn. oil at all

·
Registered
545 Posts
Originally posted by Asher@Nov 10 2003, 09:01 PM
whats the recomended oil for the yfz450? i live in florida and even winter here is hot, gonna do first oil change this weekend and wondering what is recomended full syn? a blend of syn? or no syn. oil at all
just go to your local dealer and grab some 20-40 yamalube ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I use a synthetic blend from castrol, 4 stroke oil. I change every month. You should't use a full synthetic oil. As said it isn't good for your clutch.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by Asher@Nov 10 2003, 10:01 PM
You should just run Yamalube for the first couple of oil changes, or 10-20hrs, to get it broken in good. Then it is ok to switch to a Synthetic oil like Mobile 1 Red Cap.

I broke mine in with Yamalube and have been running Mobile 1 for almost 2 months now and it runs great even shifts a little better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i change my oil just about every other ride. Break it in with yamalube. I'm going to start using AMSOIL syn. 10w40 4 stroke oil.....

late :O

1 - 10 of 10 Posts