YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to change my clutch in my 05, going to do the yfz clutch mod. looking through the part numbers I found some differences from my 2005 to the current year. I know that there was a new "upgraded clutch" from the factory in 2007, but what exactly is different? Another change is the part number for the clutch fiber plates...is the thickness different on these or what. I have found differences in the part numbers of the clutch basket, as well as the inner hub. And when ordering aftermarket baskets and inner hubs there are different parts for the 04-06 from the 07-09. Anyone know what exactly is different...material used...size...?

PS I'm planning on using 5TA-16321 fiber (8 of them), and 4X7-16325 metals (7 of them), and ditching the small fiber and two metal rings.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
QUOTE (YFZalaska27 @ Feb 13 2009, 04:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746177
I am about to change my clutch in my 05, going to do the yfz clutch mod. looking through the part numbers I found some differences from my 2005 to the current year. I know that there was a new "upgraded clutch" from the factory in 2007, but what exactly is different? Another change is the part number for the clutch fiber plates...is the thickness different on these or what. I have found differences in the part numbers of the clutch basket, as well as the inner hub. And when ordering aftermarket baskets and inner hubs there are different parts for the 04-06 from the 07-09. Anyone know what exactly is different...material used...size...?

PS I'm planning on using 5TA-16321 fiber (8 of them), and 4X7-16325 metals (7 of them), and ditching the small fiber and two metal rings.[/b]

I personally do not know much about the clutch mod, but from what I understand, the newer part numbers that superceded the older numbers merely have to do with better cooling and lubrication properties. It is my understanding that the thickness of the plates stayed the same. I got this from a trusted Yamaha parts guy, I have not verified it myself. I believe that you can put the newer part numbers in any 04-08 machine without problems. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that is what was thinking too, i suppose a lot of my confusion comes from the aftermarket baskets and inner hubs that are different parts for the 04-06 and the 07-09 as well as the differences in comparing the numbers on the oem parts (basket, inner hub) from pre-2007 to 2007-present. I'm just curious as to what changed.

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
Not sure but in that GYTR link I see YZ dirt bike clutch springs so may be that is it? All the parts will interchange. I do know that the 07 has yfz springs in it and the 08 I just did had YZ450f dirt bike clutch springs in it... so maybe that was the "up grade".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts