YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after going through 2 aluminum swing arm plates riding in desert, I decided to try the sprocket guard rotor guard combo. I got some from Lonestar Racing. The brake guard mounted up perfectly. The sprocket guard is another story. I originally ordered the smaller guard for the stock sprocket. It has been a nightmare ever since. On the YFZR the sprocket guard goes on the inside of the hub next to the swingarm. The chain sprocket is on the outside of the hub. The instructions say to use the stock bolts and reverse them which is not possible. It also left off the fact that you have to remove the locknut on the axle and slide the axle to the left side of the quad. After fighting with the locknut. I finally got the guard on, the original bolts did not work and it didn't cover the chain after assembly. I ran to other issues on this too. Lonestar was not very helpful in figuring out how to install the guard but they did send me the bigger guard they offer and it now covers the chain. Anybody else have any issues with a sprocket guard?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the dual sprocket gaurd a and rotor gaurd from Blingstar, $350+ but well worth it Auto part Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Asphalt

·
Registered
858 Posts
I used a bling star on a trx450 with a lonestar carrier and had to grind the outside flange off the carrier to make it work. Recently I saw another bling star on a yfzr that had to be grinded on to make it work also due to an obvious manufacturing defect. Not impressed to say the least. Also, any gravel, dirt or rocks that get between the chain and sprocket have nowhere to go now except all the way around either breaking your chain or trashing your sprocket.

·
Registered
265 Posts
⬆⬆⬆ I wish they would have had that available last year! I ended up buying the Blingstar Rotor guard and CV4 sprocket guard. So far so good but I really wanted something to protect the bottom of the swing arm.

·
Registered
155 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.