YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard of the vortex cdi is there any others out there right now? is it worth getting one do u feel the power increase hard core or what can ya tell me some stuff about it? how much does it cost and where do i get one if it is good?

·
Registered
773 Posts
They're about $400 clams. I know ausiequadrider (I think that's his username, Geoff) is running one now. Contact Duncan Racing. I talked to Duncan a couple of weeks ago. They should have some in stock by now.

I talked with the guys @ Dyna a long time ago and they were not interested in making the investment without knowing how well this quad would sell. Looks like they're behind now.

There's no doubt that ignitions work, I just don't know the specs on the Vortex. If and when I get one, it'll be a Vortex without question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my Vortex last week and have raced last saturday. Though I came up in 2nd they really improved the Hp on my YFZ. The Vortex has 10 setups. The first 3 are for stock YFZs, the last 2 are for YFZ's with the YZ cam mod, and the rest are different race setups from Vortex. My YFZ has a Yoshi titanium complete exhaust, no lid, DSP valve, YZ cam mod, and the feel before the vortex was installed was that it hit the ceiling of the RPM very easy so I had to gear up. Now, it just doesn't have a RPM limit. It also revs much quicker. If any of you guys get it, try the setups between 4 and 8. One more thing, it is well worth the price tag.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Good info Fastest1.

·
Registered
625 Posts
fast 1
mate check your paper work or duncans, it definately should have a rev limit. It is programable and mine is set at 11700, stock cdi is 10700.

There is a problem though with the way I was telling so many to connect your pd kill switch with the solid white wire.
This method doesn't workwhen you change to the vortex.
I'm speaking to the owner of vortex today to find the fix.

We did LMBDA readings yesterday on the dyno and my mechanic was very impressed with the difference the vortex made.

Selector this link may help you mate.http://www.vortex-performance.com.au/

Geoff.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Selector ( guru sparky)
Mate I need your intell with wiring up the kill switch, this is what the owner of vortex said to do " If you connect your tether (Kill Switch) switch between the 2 wires from the trigger coil (RED WIRE & WHITE WIRE) then it will work on both the Standard CDI and the VORTEX CDI."

Mate is that the wires that come out down near the crankcase oil filler knob?

Thanks mate, Geoff.

·
Registered
834 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts