YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode for the first time with my new cascade thumb throttle. I know a couple of others here have them and my question is. How in the world can you keep your hand on the thumb throttle and the front brake lever at the same time?

The throttle is like an inch and a half from the handle bar. Is there a way to move it closer?

Sure it is easier to push but you have to extend your thumb so far back to reach it your thumb wears out even faster.

Any advice???

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I removed the Black Spacer between the Throttle Assembly and the Front Brake Perch. By doing this, you can move Throttle Assembly closer to the Front Brake Perch.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that but it just moved it to the left or away from the grip. The distance between the handlebar and the tip of the throttle lever is whats killing me. My thumb really has to stretch to reach it. Maybe I have short thumbs.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Ok, I see where ya coming from... Don't how you're going to get around that if you have Short Thumbs... :what

·
Registered
983 Posts
Well, you could hang yourself of you thumbs for an hour every night and see if they will stretch :lol J/K. I undertsanf from a friend of mine that one of the most confortable and ergonomic thumb throttles are the ones from the Z400. maybe you should try to get a z400 assembly and put that on? Mught be pricey though!?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a friend that has a Z maybe he would let me try it for a ride and see how I like it. I just hate spending $40 on this cascade assymbley then not using it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The cascade works perfect on my 450.... Just move it as far as you can from the grip and it will be fine. I also angles mine upwards more than the stock was.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will try angling it upwards to see if that helps. I have mine level. Also have you ever hit your knee on it when turning?

·
Registered
827 Posts
im not making fun of you, but it seems like you have a short thumb.
i dont have any trouble like that with mine. and i dont see how i put up with the stock one for the first week i had the bike.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You might have better luck with a twist throttle. I really don't understand why so many ATVers are squeemish over the idea of installing one.

I've never seen an ATV thumb throttle engineered well enough to get anyone to install them on a two-wheeler. I've seen plenty of twist throttles installed on ATVs, though.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm with RP on this one, get the twist, it may take a couple rides to get used to but once you do you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by seatec+Jan 13 2004, 06:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (seatec @ Jan 13 2004, 06:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--yfz450 kid@Jan 13 2004, 04:42 PM
Anyone have cascades website address?
cascade-innovations.com [/b][/quote]
Thanks, I'm sending my YFZ seats to them for softer seat recovering.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is my problem with the twist. I had one on my banshee racing MX. It seemed like at least once a race going through the whoops I would get into the powerband land hard on one of the whoops and give it too much gas. Scared the poop out of me a couple of times. Maybe the YFZ since it is a four stroke is easier to handle with a twisty.

·
Registered
865 Posts
i also have to do somthing, riding with the stock one kills my thumb instantly. i want to put a twist on but im scared of what thumper 450 was saying..

what options do i have? if i do put a twist on it, whats the best to get and how hard is it to put on?

·
Registered
983 Posts
just got my cascade in. looks sweet and looooong. cant wait to see how it work.
Btw, does cascade sell complete seats?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts