YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
QUOTE (08450rider @ Feb 10 2009, 05:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744775
i just ordered the new spring last night.
Has anyone done this mod yet. If so, let me know how you like it[/b]

I think everyone would agree its much better.......(that's why we all did it:)
:icon_biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
good i ordered one monday from johnhonda on ebay.

I got third in my first moto instead of second because my thumb cramped up with about 50 yds left to race. I had to push the gas with my hand

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
Something else you guys might try is adjusting the positioning of your controls.

While siiting on your quad place your throttle hand in an open, straight on the handle bars with the thegrip between your thumb and palm of your hand. The throttle housing should be parallel to the top of your hand.

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
one other thing I did was buy a 450r throttle housing. It's not necessarily lighter then the YFZ throttle but the ergos of the throttle lever position are way better IMO. To me it feels as though WOT comes much sooner then the YFZ throttle.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
QUOTE (CADWELL @ Feb 10 2009, 04:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744850
Something else you guys might try is adjusting the positioning of your controls.

While siiting on your quad place your throttle hand in an open, straight on the handle bars with the thegrip between your thumb and palm of your hand. The throttle housing should be parallel to the top of your hand.[/b]

Good tip................

·
Registered
283 Posts
He will send good instructions with pics. I got mine from the same dude......Just dont strip the screw that holds the slide to the lifter its a beast to get out......make sure you have a screwdriver that fits really snug and push down like crazy before you twist, that thing is tite!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts