YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i try to kick my 04 over it leaks gas from the bottom nipple of the bowl. It also does it when i lift the front end of the quad up or park on a hill. I had the quad at a shop to fix that and get the quad running correctly, and the mechanic told me it is leaking because of the R&D powerbowl i have on it, he tried telling me it wasnt correct for the quad. I personally think he didnt adjust the floats correctly. I put new gaskets and a new needle in it before giving the quad to him. Does that sound like a float issue or something else i should look at? The quad started up the other day in my heated garage and ran and idled fine too, but when i put it into my non heated garage in 20 degree weather it didnt start. Any opinions on what to look at or fix would be appreciated. The quad runs fine when started too, just leaks the gas at an incline, and i just noticed it while kicking it over

·
Registered
6 Posts
Float could be adjusted to high or bad stuck needle. It's easy to pull apart and see. What's so different about your bowl? Do you run a fuel filter?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Float could be adjusted to high or bad stuck needle. It's easy to pull apart and see. What's so different about your bowl? Do you run a fuel filter?
That was my first guess. The bowl is brand new thats why i dont see why he said it is the bowl causing it to leak gas. I dont run a fuel filter

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You definitely need a fuel filter. Is the over flow tube shorter than the factory's?
I’m running an R&D powerbowl and by overflow tube do you mean the brass tube running from the bottom nipple up? This is where my floats set at right now. Doesn’t seem to far off to me

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it's 5.5 mm from the mating surface to the tallest portion of the float. May be the picture but it looks high to me. Yes, I'm talking about the brass tube that sticks up from the bottom of the bowl. If your floats a little high and that tube is a little shorter there's your leak

1 - 6 of 6 Posts