YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i bent my AP spring to reduce bog, and to do so i had to take out the small shaft the runs from the throttle cable wheel down to the bottom of the carb by the bowl. now when i give it throttle a small stream of gas squrts out of the side of the little round cover on the bottom. all the gaskets are there and i got it to stop by putting a small amount of silicone gasket maker on it, and even tested it with the side plastics off, but then i put the plastics on and it does it again... like god hates me or something :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_frown: :icon_frown:

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt280/H...119/YFZcarb.jpg

this isnt my carb, but itll do, sorry its blurry and all, but it will still do...

bottom of the carb (in the pic) is the filter side, the upeer side is the engine side btw

any suggestions?? thanks!

and i just realized how stupid i sound with the caption "squirting gas" HELP! MY ACCELERATOR PUMP IS DOING EXACTLY WHAT IT SHOULD!, lol

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
=(

·
Registered
231 Posts
I can't get the pic to come up, I'm assuming it's the pump cover that's leaking. Most gasket makers don't hold up to fuel for any amount of time. If the cover is tight, then most likely a gasket is damaged. If you had the cover off for whatever reason, you may have damaged the mating surfaces between the cover and the carb, which would allow fuel to escape even if the gaskets or o-rings are good. I've never had the pump cover off and I don't know what type of gaskets are in there, just throwing out some ideas.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, imma go by the dealer and see how many gaskets are in there to see if a AM missing one.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was missing a gasket, lol. problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts