YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wing nut hole on my stock YFZ filters have expanded to the point they arent trustworthy, and could very well let dirt in.

Any recomendations on a better fitting, perhaps billit mount type on the market.

I've heard K & N makes one, but no one stocks it,

Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Get the NOSS kit off ebay it works great. Use buy it now and get free outerwear!! :rock

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Alba Action Sports Sells the billet adapter plate with the K&N and Outerwear Click Here

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I would look into replacing the entire intake (the restrictive rubber boot) with something like the ESR intake or the Ron Woods kit.

If you want to keep the airbox look into the Woods kit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use the Twinair filter and like it a lot. You can either get a replacement for the stock one or they now have a system that replaces the plastic instake part with a billet aluminum piece and a larger filter.

My dealer does not recommend K&N filters because they said they keep finding dirt in the cylinder head of the quads who are using them. Even with the Outerwear. Something about how fine the dirt is around here, they said the sand is no problem.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by maverick7593@Jan 14 2004, 01:35 AM
I use the Twinair filter and like it a lot. You can either get a replacement for the stock one or they now have a system that replaces the plastic instake part with a billet aluminum piece and a larger filter.

My dealer does not recommend K&N filters because they said they keep finding dirt in the cylinder head of the quads who are using them. Even with the Outerwear. Something about how fine the dirt is around here, they said the sand is no problem.
sorry dude, but the twin air is pretty much the same thing as the stocker....

how many people have actually had problems with K&N...maybe 1/50

·
Registered
295 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450 kid@Jan 13 2004, 04:01 PM
The wing nut hole on my stock YFZ filters have expanded to the point they arent trustworthy, and could very well let dirt in.

Any recomendations on a better fitting, perhaps billit mount type on the market.

I've heard K & N makes one, but no one stocks it,

Thanks
Dude...

do yourself a favor and trash that thing and get the ROn Wood intake and filter kit. Much nicer IMO...

Maxx

·
Registered
88 Posts
I know the Twinair is about the same as the stocker, thats the point. The K&N just does not work very well in the dirt here compared to the foam style filters. I might lose some power but comparing that to dirt in my engine.... I will take the foam filter

Please note that I say "here" as in my location and in the dirt not the sand.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Here is my ESR kit installed on my bike but the pic is without the outerwear which I never ride without.

And a pic showing the small filter on the breather hose.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by OutlawEX@Jan 14 2004, 06:30 AM
I have a foam pro flow kit for 109.95
You can get the ESR kit like mine for like $65 bucks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Originally posted by Pahrump+Jan 14 2004, 07:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pahrump @ Jan 14 2004, 07:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--OutlawEX@Jan 14 2004, 06:30 AM
You can get the ESR kit like mine for like $65 bucks.[/b][/quote]
where at :yfz

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
can anyone find pics of the woods setup with the airbox?????

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by linkcmd88+Jan 14 2004, 03:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (linkcmd88 @ Jan 14 2004, 03:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2004, 07:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--OutlawEX
@Jan 14 2004, 06:30 AM

You can get the ESR kit like mine for like $65 bucks.
where at :yfz [/b][/quote]
From Eddie Sanders Racing Look at http//:www.esr250.com and get the phone number and then give them a call its not on the website.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts