YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:re I'm buying either a 04 yamaha YZF-R6 or a Kawi ZX-6RR or just the 6R if any know's anything about these street bikes what is it??

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't have a bike neither am I a bike rider, but I've been contemplating getting one soon.

Why not a Ninja ZX6R because its got 636cc's vs. 600? The RR is only 599cc's, but I beleive the engine is more race advanced. Is the 600RR that much better for a street bike? Are you going to race it?

You can't go wrong with the R6 anyhow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't no i'm really having trouble deciding on which one the 6RR has the black frame which goes with the green i never would have thought that i would get green but it's a really nice color silver and black are to common any ways the 6RR has a back torque limiting clutch, adjustable swing arm pivot, close ratio gear box and forged aluminum pistons for quicker reving but then the 6R has like 10 more horse and it's cheaper then the 6RR but it's a great bike and the R6 i don't like the way it sits but thier like 6 new color's to choose from if u go on yamaha's site u can build your own R6 and put several different performance exhaust systems on it and other things have u seen the new R1 it has a crazy 180hp and only weighs 360 pounds or something like the haybusa's 450 pounder ugly bike and it has 142 horse 4 cyclinder engine and it goes 203mph so how fast will the new R1 go it's the fastest super bike out thier like why would u spend 30 to 40k on a ducati when u could get and R1 for twelve but any ways i'm going to have to decide sooner or later.

·
Registered
921 Posts
get the blue 636rr, really nice bike my buddy has one an it flys, i got a 02 gsxr600 an i love it, but im moving up to a 1000 next year, the pull of a 600 down low sucks tillu hit 8 grand, u have to slip the clutch to do slow wheelies, just my .02 :rock :yfz

·
Registered
921 Posts
the r1 goes 188, its got a speed limiter just like the gsxr1300busa, they made them this way two years ago for sum damn reason :yfz

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just don't get one of these:

I don't see many - I like that. :lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those new CBR 600RR's are too common where i'm from and their not as fast as the ZX-6R 636 or an R1 but i like what u did with the exhaust i hate the stock cataylist convertor it looks stupid say what's your cbr top out at??

·
Registered
27 Posts
is this your first bike? i have ridden motorcyles since i was 16, i am 26 now. my dad was really into sportbikes his whole life anyways. i would look at what you plan to do with the bike, make long rides, or just fly around town. you'll find the r6 and zx6rr have a really aggressive rider position, which is awesome fro blowing some steam off on the twisties. but if you are going to ride around town or if this is your first bike i would look at an f4i or yzf600r or sv650- all three are awesome bikes and a little cheaper too. i have a yzf600r and really like it for highway riding and long trips, i also have a Rz350 which is an old street bike that the banshee motor is based on anyways that bike is an old track days bike so it set to rip, and it does when i want to really push it i will ride that one but it can wear you out after awhile know what i mean anyways thats a few things i would consider hope this helps, Who else rides sportbikes on here?

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you plan to ride track, get the new 600RR. If you are planning on hot rodding the streets, get the GSX-R1000. Just my penny...

Frank 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts