YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I have a question about the cam mod. I have read that Yamaha changed the exhaust timing to give the quad more torque. Is this right? If so is the cam mod what I want if I will be mostly running at the dunes and wanting to beat people up the hill. Wouldn't it make more sense to have more torque up the hill? Or am I completely wrong? Is it worth the work? :stupid

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by roostinyfz@Dec 5 2003, 10:21 PM
Is it worth the work?
YES, especially if you are duning, and running the hill.

·
Registered
318 Posts
just remember to retard the tooth and not advance it

·
Registered
773 Posts
You want more torque for the sand hills. Sand will steal everything it can get it's hands on.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by selector@Dec 7 2003, 08:49 AM
You want more torque for the sand hills. Sand will steal everything it can get it's hands on.
True but don't let him think that if he does the cam mod he will lose all torque and not be able to dune. I done mine as soon as I got it and was spanking my friends so bad at the hill we had to go back to the enclosed and do the mod to his also.

·
Registered
141 Posts
To get this straight. Doing the cam mod moves the power curve from down low to the upper rpm range?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by roostinyfz@Dec 7 2003, 09:40 AM
So the quickest yfz up the hill at the dunes has the cam mod or not? :what
Well where I ride the quickest has the cam mod.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I met a guy out at Glamis that had a full DMC alien exhaust,K&N,rejetted with no lid and we raced up Oldsmobile hill and I beat him by about 10 quad lengths.I have everything he has but a GYT-r slip on only instead of the full DMC and also the cam mod.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I keep hearing about the cam mod, but here's the question that only a beginner would ask, and since I am a beginner, what is the cam mod and how do you do it? I've worked on my own cars for years, but never on a quad. So please speak like you are telling a 1 year old. thanks :bawl

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Please use Search, you will find lots of info. And if you still have questions then ask.

Thank you and please come again. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
here look this is going to be the best advice in here k here it is shut the FCUK up and just do it :lol . Its cheap and very effective

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Actually its FREE and effective :lol

·
Registered
743 Posts
I usually run a point and shoot type of MX track and also alot of low gear trail riding ( usually not past 3rd gear),would the cam mod help me that much? :re Thanks, Mike

:yfz

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I ride in the trails more than any thing with occasional drags. it is well worth it even in the trails but takes a little getting used to with the more power :rock

·
Registered
479 Posts
can the cam mod lead to any problems? does it mess up the compression? i just don't wanna mess up my bike.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by liftedtaco38s@Jan 5 2004, 12:59 PM
can the cam mod lead to any problems? does it mess up the compression? i just don't wanna mess up my bike.
just follow the instructions on daddogs page & you'll be fine

andy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts