YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a 250r man my whole life. Last week I was about to finish my brand new Walsh Racecraft 250r, when my brothers friend baught a YFZ450. I just took it down the street and was hooked. I instantly made a few calls and sold my 250r and just got my YFZ a couple of Days ago. I have a couple of questions.

1) The cam mode that was on the video clip is the one on this web sight that give yo ustep by step instructions right?

2) I usually do my own wrenching but I am not fimilar with the 4 strokes. If this is the cam mod you are taking about. How do I know when the cam tensioner is adjusted right.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I don't know about the cam mod video, but the one under the review section:

http://www.yfzcentral.com/cammod.htm

This is an easy step by step instruction, which took me about an hour, using minimal tools - you will have no problems following it.

If you review the instruction, it also tell you about the cam tensioner as well. You screw it in until it sets, then when you're putting everything back to gether, you release it and it automatically sets again - read the instructions, it will make more sense.

Good luck - it's well worth it - it you like you YFZ now, wait til your done!!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
1) yes
2) it adjusts automatically you just have to release it

·
Registered
625 Posts
hey jimbo!!!!!!!
gimme a call mang I can give you the lowdown on what you need to do to the YFZ. I will be home tonight after 8pm your time.
Isaac
P.S. i will PM you my number.

·
Registered
634 Posts
There are 12 cam mod videos that walk you through it at this web site

http://www.eskimo.com/~daddog/repair/cams/index.htm

you can watch them and learn some tricks before the mod, like MARKING THE CHAIN, and ROTATING the cam and CHECKING the valves.

useful for people who havn't worked with 4 strokes but have done two stroke work (like orselves)

you can click with right mouse button on each video and then store them to your hard drive and then burn a cd and share them
that is fine

Your welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts