YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a full Alba exhaust system with the K&N pro flow kit and such. After installing these items i plan to remove the airbox lid for that added kick :lol . I'm debating on going ahead and doing the cam mod but I have been told different things by different people. Some of told me its well worth it and yields a good increase in power, and others (my dealer being one) said that it just moves the power around a little bit and makes it come on sooner rather than in the mid-upper range. Which does it do. Is there an actual horsepower increase? Also, will I be hurting the quad any and will it still be reliable? All info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

YFZ ROCKS!
-Bill

·
Registered
773 Posts
Don't listen to your dealer.

The first and easiest of the free mods is the lid, second is the sparky, third is the cam mod.

Don't listen to anyone else either. This cam mod comes from the WR crowd and is a well proven free mod.

·
Registered
773 Posts
BTW: I'm not really known for my hospitality, but welcome - and that's no BS.

·
Registered
631 Posts
that is what i like about you selector not afraid to speak your mind. short, sweet, & to the point. bildo the cam mod is well worth it. i noticed an incredible difference. there is a post that shows you step by step on how to do it. im not sure if it was on this board or atv connection though. selector i believe you posted that didn't you? it makes it real simple to do.

andy

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would have to say that for the 30 min it might take to do the cam mod, it's worth finding out for yourself..........JIM

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by wildman77@Nov 11 2003, 10:31 PM
selector i believe you posted that didn't you?  it makes it real simple to do.
Nope, wasn't me... I only wish I were that smart.

·
Registered
631 Posts
bildo look in the tips & tricks the thread is in there that gives you step by step how to do the cam mod

andy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your information guys. I've decided to go ahead and do it. I'll let you know how it turns out. On a side note has anyone had experience with the Alba exhaust system?? Thanks again.

-Bill

·
Registered
500 Posts
Originally posted by bildo696@Nov 12 2003, 01:35 PM
Thanks for your information guys. I've decided to go ahead and do it. I'll let you know how it turns out. On a side note has anyone had experience with the Alba exhaust system?? Thanks again.

-Bill
No experience with the Alba exhaust, but they way these YFZ's respond to mods; you could probably bolt on a Campbell's soup can and kick a$$.... :lol JIM

·
Registered
58 Posts
what gaskets/parts/special tools will be needed ??

·
Registered
500 Posts
Originally posted by dawzie@Nov 12 2003, 05:11 PM
what gaskets/parts/special tools will be needed ??
none....just allen wrenches, sockets...basic tools...it's really as easy as the pic by pic explanation in the reviews section.......30 min tops.......JIM

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Nothing special is needed like Jim said, it is super easy and very much worth it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks again for the info guys. I had to post one of my timeslips up over in the atvsource forums to prove to some guy that the YFZ was no slouch in drag racing. He thought they sucked in a drag and would get destroyed by raptors and ds's. I posted a slip to prove him wrong. He didn't believe i ran 5.6's bone stock. Here is the link.

http://forums.atvsource.com/viewtopic.php?...=19998&start=35

·
Registered
500 Posts
Originally posted by bildo696@Nov 12 2003, 08:57 PM
thanks again for the info guys. I had to post one of my timeslips up over in the atvsource forums to prove to some guy that the YFZ was no slouch in drag racing. He thought they sucked in a drag and would get destroyed by raptors and ds's. I posted a slip to prove him wrong. He didn't believe i ran 5.6's bone stock. Here is the link.

http://forums.atvsource.com/viewtopic.php?...=19998&start=35
:rock :lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts