YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys.
Has anyone else noticed that after the cam mod the rev limiter comes on earlier. I'm struggling to put my thoughts into words but the cam mod has changed the timing of the engine or something like that and the result is a early rev limit.
My bike today was pulling the front wheels off the ground in 3rd gear when the rev limiter comes on, and going by the dynos I've seen it should come on way after peak hp.
I've ordered the vortex cdi and had the mapping changed to suit the mods on the bike and the ones that are on order.

I hope some of this makes sense, would appreciate your comments.

Thanks from down under, Geoff.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
you can gear it up and give that a try if you are hitting the rev limiter too early

The YFZ rev limit is 10,750 if Im not mistakin which is only 500 less than the YZ motorcycle. dont know if I would want to go much beyond that, also power really drops off.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The rev limiter is electrical the cam mod is a mechanical change. You havent altered the electrical timing of the engine at all. I wouldnt buy a new CDI box because these things already rev high enough. Either re-gear or learn how to ride within the rev range that you have to work with. Shit Geoff, what did you ride before? A banshee?
Isaac :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Isaac & schwendi.
I hear what you are saying but, going by the dynos I've seen the rev limiter comes on way after peak hp and wouldn't pull your uncle off your auntie after peak hp.
Mine is still pulling hard and has not started to back off when the rev limiter comes in.
I should have said earlier that it has only happened since putting on the sparks pipe.
I will endevour to also try the cdi out of the dirt bike as it will have the engine mapping to suit the cam mod and also has a 500 rpm higher rev limiter.

Thanks Geoff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts