YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please post me some printable instructions on how to do the cam mod. I can't seem to find them now.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just go to the home page and click on reviews and then on cam mod.Those are some detailed insructions with good pics.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
These are good instructions, but bad pics. Some of them are not clear to see what is described. Should have used manual focus.

·
Registered
313 Posts
so according to the cam mod pics when you are lining up the marks in step/picture 8 is that when you are doing your cam mod? isnt the marks supposed to line up that way for it to be in time? how are the marks when you first put it on top dead center? how many teeth are you moving the cam gear? are you just turning one? please post any helpful info.

thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
If those instructions are confusing for you, you should not attempt the cam-mod yourself :lol

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by HwTrader@Dec 27 2003, 04:25 AM
If those instructions are confusing for you, you should not attempt the cam-mod yourself :lol
lmao!!! :lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
You guys have to keep in mind, that for someone that knows very little about how things work, just building up the courage to attempt this can be hard.

None of us were born with the knowledge of working on engines, we learned it from someone else, so when someone asks for help, give it to them, or keep it to yourself!

Also, I releize that a couple of the pictures arent the best quality, but I dont have a top of the line camera, if you can do better, DO IT!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes you are moving the LEFT cam sprocket(Exhaust) 1 tooth...THATS IT!! So when your done the holes that line up will be 1 off on the exhaust side(LEFT Sprocket)

Here's 1 with a video shows how to rotate it, but you need to strip down the motor first.This just shows moving the cam!
Cam MOD Video

·
Registered
362 Posts
how does the cam mod do power wise? do u lose bottom/top? and do u gain bottom/top? just tell me how it does... im not into the drag racing that some people are and all it does it make it go faster and loose bottom. im ganna get into MX in a couple months and when my quads ready. peace. :rock

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdave450@Jan 9 2004, 02:22 PM
how does the cam mod do power wise? do u lose bottom/top? and do u gain bottom/top? just tell me how it does... im not into the drag racing that some people are and all it does it make it go faster and loose bottom. im ganna get into MX in a couple months and when my quads ready. peace. :rock
Damn brother you have posted this question in every thread about the cam mod and made 12 others... :wtf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts