YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am about to go do the cam mod. Seems like alot of people are having success with it. Heres my question, I have had the bike 4 months now, and I have had some mods done to it already(See description below). I have not had the valves adjusted yet though. I was wondering if I should have the valves adjusted before doing the cam mod? Also, Can I do the valves myself? Anyone have instructions or advice? Any help would be awsome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
You can do the valves yourself its very easy, read the manual. The service manual, or look ad Daddogriders site and check the videos.

I would do it before I did the cam mod cause you have to take the cams out to do it so you could check the valve clearances then remove the cams replace shims if needed and install the cams with the cam mod done.

You know kill two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by THE 450@Dec 3 2003, 10:15 AM
OK, I am about to go do the cam mod.  Seems like alot of people are having success with it.  Heres my question,  I have had the bike 4 months now, and I have had some mods done to it already(See description below).  I have not had the valves adjusted yet though.  I was wondering if I should have the valves adjusted before doing the cam mod?  Also, Can I do the valves myself?  Anyone have instructions or advice?  Any help would be awsome.  Thanks in advance.
daddog has some videos that are pretty good.

Definitly check the valve clearances while your doing the cam mod - you're right there with nothing left to remove/unbolt other than the intake cam cap.

I found a sweet magnet @ Sears for the buckets:

And if you drop one of the little clips down in the cylinder, just stay calm and use one of these or something similar:

You can use the pen magnet for both, but having new tools is always a good thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts