YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any starter issues when they have done the cam mod. I have heard different stories through my yami dealer. I guess my question is with the cam mod will it burn up your starter? :what

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ohh nooo :nono

Here comes Pahrump... RUNNNNNNN!!!!

:lol jp guys

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for for the help, buddy, what does nevada boy have to do with anything, I was a good boy and did a search, I didn't find anything. If PHURUMPY :D don't like my question, he don't have to reply. Once again thanks for the reply cool guy :rock

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Talked to my Buddy just now, He's done the cam mod... going on 2 month with no problems. Like to hear what the dealer had to say though. :lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
Originally posted by Bansheebob@Jan 14 2004, 08:23 PM
Talked to my Buddy just now, He's done the cam mod... going on 2 month with no problems. Like to hear what the dealer had to say though. :lol
Thats what I was getting to.... Sorry about that smart ass comment :re lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
If it was an issue, it would be on here. The Yami dealer sucks I have argued many times over many things with them. For example they sell a fuel mixture screw (zip tye style) for the yz450f. It has the same fcr type carb as is on the yfz. Guess what they said "It is only for the yz450f it will not fit the YFZ, when it does'nt work you can not return it!" Also did not have many jet sizes for the Yamaha and said the Honda jets would not work both for Kehein carb. Well for not working my Y sure hauls A$$. Makes me wounder what exactly it is that they do there besides sell what the computer tells them too!! Go with what people do not with what others say!!! :rock

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by chadpacker@Jan 14 2004, 04:41 PM
Has anyone had any starter issues when they have done the cam mod. I have heard different stories through my yami dealer. I guess my question is with the cam mod will it burn up your starter? :what
No, and whats more interesting is my bike starts and runs BETTER than it did before the mod. Wierd?? I'll tell you one thing I noticed though when I was messing around with jetting that it looked like it would be easy to kink some of the vent lines??? Just a thought. for something to look for. Do you know what he is jetted at?
jarsong

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by chadpacker@Jan 14 2004, 05:13 PM
Thanks for for the help, buddy, what does nevada boy have to do with anything, I was a good boy and did a search, I didn't find anything. If PHURUMPY :D don't like my question, he don't have to reply. Once again thanks for the reply cool guy :rock
No need for the attitude kid :angry

And no I have not heard of any problems with the starter after the cam mod was done.

Are you sure that your dealer is not mistaken saying that the starter has problems or some bikes are hard to start after the mod?

Most folks seem to have fixed the hard starting by installing a 48 pilot jet.

Oh yeah don't pop off like that again :angry

Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Puttin the smack down on Chadpecker!!!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Have had the cam mod done for like 4 months now with zero problems. But I just jinxed myself so my motor will probably blow up now. :bawl

J/K :lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts