YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am interested in racing mx and possibly xc with my YFZ. Here is a list of my mods so far. AC nerfs and bumper. On the way- Pro Design kill switch, Tag T2 bars, Motion Pro CR twist throttle, Alba pro flow kit, Dyno jet kit, Thunder-Alley full exhaust and Cam mod when everything comes in. Is anyone racing mx with stock shocks and a-arms and axle? What mods above what is listed are needed for mx or xc racing? Thanks.
slinger

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i will be racing MX next season on stoxk chassis. I don't have the money for the a arms and stuff.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I raced MX for 3 months on stock a-arms. I raced my last race of the season OCT 19 on +2 JD PERFORMANCE a-arms and +2 LSR rear axle. INSTANT difference! This could be the single best investment you can make for competition. It helps in the turns, jumps and in the confidence dept.

JD PERFORMANCE a-arms are rather inexpensive and VERY high quality. The owners are cool and alot of help. (check them out on my BIRTH OF AN MX MONSTER pt 3 post)

On the flip side. I also watched MATT WHITE (a top national PRO) running his pro production tricked-out YFZ this weekend. He won his motos but had trouble holding off some "a class" rider on a bone stock YFZ. I mean the lights were still on this thing.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
if a modded to hell yfz is being chased by a bone stocker than you know its the rider, the quad is great for the avereage racer like me as it comes. when i have money nexy year i will get a arms and axle for nmy beast. im going to be racing with hipers all around with razr mx's, tc pipe, cam mod, Pc frame maybe yz blue and a steering stabil. with bars. i think ill do good. I think the quad has some to do with it. the yfz simply rocks. Bick, does TC make a slip on part? i want to keep header because of heat sheild and to save money. do they sell the mid pipe and silencer seperate? can i have their number? i went to the site, called and said it was out of service.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
This is everything I have done to my YFZ for MX racing :uhoh

The number plate back grounds are Duncan Racing.
The numbers are ONE IND. fat numbers. The reason they overlap , is because I cut them with a razor knife to fit.
Duncan Front Bumper
PEP LT ZPS shocks up front triple rate
PEP ZPS dual rate stock rebuilt shock (best shock for the money)
Lonestar DC-4 a-arms.
GYTR Raptor Hubs
Rolled edge front rims.(black anodized)
.190 Douglas Ultimate beadlocks (black anodized)
Kenda Klaw 20X6X10 MXF fronts
Kenda Klaw 18X10X8 MXR rears
Lonestar +1, +1 Steering stem
Renthal Fat bars - CR-Hi bend
PEP easy pull clutch arm
PEP steering stabilizer (haven't put it on yet....)
PEP upper chain roller relocator
PRM .190 full belly Skid plate
Fully gusseted / rebuilt frame, and PC'd Yamaha Blue
Curtis Sparks full exhaust
Cam mod
JD Jetting kit, and YZF 450 Dirt bike needle
Lonestar Rear axle +3
Lonestar Steel braided Front and rear brake lines
AC Racing Pro pegs, with heel guards ( I cut the heal guard kick ups off)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Now all you need is a big set of balls and a local race Merriman. :lol

Oh yeah...you left the airbox lid removal off of your list....and the matching riding gear (which I hear makes an extra 5 HP). :woo

[Originally Edited by a "so-called" friend (Merriman did it)]
EDIT: What I am trying to portray here is my one and only defense mechanism to hide my incredible lack of intestinal fortitude to over come my inability to handle a quad as well as Merriman does. In which case I try to insult him, and make it seem as if he can not perform to the standard that I can. But the reality is he is a far superior rider on a far superior machine (go ahead and poke fun of my Z400, I know I was foolish to buy such a product) while I struggle to try and clear a 35 foot double because and I quote " I just have nutted up to do it yet"........yes I know I am a terrible person for trying to call Merriman names in which he does not deserve, but I am only human.....a human that loves to blame others for his own short comings. Will you ever forgive me? I think I'm going to cry  :cry  :bawl  :bawl

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Originally posted by Crazie@Oct 23 2003, 09:42 AM
Now all you need is a big set of balls and a local race Merriman. :lol

Oh yeah...you left the airbox lid removal off of your list....and the matching riding gear (which I hear makes an extra 5 HP). :woo

EDIT: What I am trying to portray here is my one and only defense mechanism to hide my incredible lack of intestinal fortitude to over come my inability to handle a quad as well as Merriman does. In which case I try to insult him, and make it seem as if he can not perform to the standard that I can. But the reality is he is a far superior rider on a far superior machine (go ahead and poke fun of my Z400, I know I was foolish to buy such a product) while I struggle to try and clear a 35 foot double because and I quote " I just have nutted up to do it yet"........yes I know I am a terrible person for trying to call Merriman names in which he does not deserve, but I am only human.....a human that loves to blame others for his own short comings. Will you ever forgive me? I think I'm going to cry :cry :bawl :bawl
That is so sweet.... :blah

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think it depends on what class you are racing. I race mine with just the baffle removed and I usually place in the top half. I think stock works just fine, but I'm sure if you have the money, then all those extras will help.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i believe i watched the same race. were you at mapleshade mx in sugar grove pa because the kid on the stock yfz actually got the whole shot over matt white

·
Registered
625 Posts
Merriman,
could you please tell us more about the pep easy pull clutch arm? any good & price?

thanks from down under, Geoff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts