YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking into getting a front bumper and grab bar for my R. I know AC has some nice ones and so does GYTR. Does anyone else know who makes one? I was wanting to get a rath but they dont list one on thier site, Ill have to call them. If anyone has any info just please let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Rath should be done with their stuff soon. I have been waiting for over a month. Everytime I call they say one more week.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where can I get that bumper? I cant read anything on the site lol. How much is it? thanks

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
I really wish that manufactures would get away from using the motor mount bolts as a moiunting point for nerf bars.

I willl say though that I like the design of these French ones with those heel guards.

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
QUOTE (02raptor_rider @ Mar 2 2009, 04:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753015
Rath should be done with their stuff soon. I have been waiting for over a month. Everytime I call they say one more week.[/b]
I read a site sponsored RATH thread over at quadzone.com that the gal from RATH posted.

She says that their YFZR aluminums are ready for shipping and she posted a pic but I screwed up my registration for that site so I can't see them, but it seems like the RATH stuff is ready for oreder...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yeah, I had actually called yesterday and she said they were finishing up getting the bolt kits together. Kristi said that mine should be shipped out the same day! With any luck, I will have them by friday. If not, they should definitely be here next week sometime.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Got my rath nerfs today! They look awesome. I will snap some pics tomorrow and post them up. I will say, they were a pain to install though. Bumper and grab bar didn't come yet though. It says they are backordered on the packing slip.

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
QUOTE (02raptor_rider @ Mar 6 2009, 05:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=754651
Got my rath nerfs today! They look awesome. I will snap some pics tomorrow and post them up. I will say, they were a pain to install though. Bumper and grab bar didn't come yet though. It says they are backordered on the packing slip.[/b]
Please do share some pics man :clap: ..

Those Pro Armors look pretty beefy too though. I'm a big fan of netted heel guards :clap:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I will definitely get some pics tomorrow.

CADWELL, how did your nerfs and heelguards fit? Mine were a major pain. I think most of the problem was the bolt kit. I think they sent me a bolt kit for a standard yfz instead of the R. I needed to make some spacers and drill some holes out bigger. Also, on the right heelguard, it was resting against the pipe. I had to make a spacer to space it farther out so it didn't hit the pipe. Maybe it is just a problem with the sparks pipe. I will get some pics tomorrow to show what I had to do.

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
Mine actually bolted up fairly easy.

What I did since there are quite a few loose parts I mocked up the pro pegs, the heel guards and nerfs and then I bolted the peg rails which make everything come together. The part of the install that did post a challenge was sliding the nerfs into the pegs and into each other firmly enough to get the motor mount bolts to go in.

Other then that the only time I had to drill anything was to make the hole through the nerfs and pegs for the bolt.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Here are some pic's of the new Nic Granlund "Swick Line" of nerf bars and bumpers By Freddie Shepard Customs on the YFZ450r. I hope my set are coming soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts