YFZ Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all, the pilot jet just snapped when trying to remove it.... do I have to drill it out?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
A very small EZ out and some patience and it will come right out. I used to break main jets off and pilots off all the time when I didn't realize my own strength. A reverse drill bit may work a little better, available at any good auto parts or hardware store. Just pick one small enough to fit the tube that the pilot jet fits into so you do not drill into the threads.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well luckily enough I work at an auto repair shop so I have access to every tool imaginable, I just wasnt sure if drilling it would F the carb up or not.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I would use a EZ-out just to make sure you dont get any shavings cloggin up the carb anywhere.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Just make sure the EZ out for reverse drill bit is only a hair larger than the hole in the pilot jet. It doesn't take much for it to bite onto the inner portion of the jet. Anything larger and the jet will begin to break in half and possibly damage the threads. As husker525 stated above, be patient and take your time.

·
Registered
657 Posts
you didnt think of using an ezout in the first place? if you work at an auto repair shop i'm sure there have been situations where bolts get snapped

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Jim417mx @ Feb 17 2009, 10:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747425
Well luckily enough I work at an auto repair shop so I have access to every tool imaginable, I just wasnt sure if drilling it would F the carb up or not.[/b]

QUOTE (MustHaveBeenBlue @ Feb 17 2009, 04:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747549
you didnt think of using an ezout in the first place? if you work at an auto repair shop i'm sure there have been situations where bolts get snapped[/b]
Like mentioned, I didnt know if it would F the carb up ... like below or around the jet, (crack, etc).......

·
Registered
657 Posts
cast aluminum is aluminum nonetheless so drilling into an aluminum plate is the same as drilling into your carb... common sense plays a part in any process when dealing with intricate things of this matter. just go slow and you'll be fine.. make sure your on center

1 - 8 of 8 Posts