YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just broke the left case half on my 05 yfz450 and am going to replace both haves but I am not sure which way to go. I already have all my gaskets, a 12:1 wiesco piston, done my valves and am doing my cam mod again. I am planning on running an 06 crank to get my compression up to 12.5:1 and I believe that will make it a true 450. Now from what I can tell I can put 07 cases in which have the better oiling but what I am not sure of is if I need to order more parts for the oiling and if I have to drill out my 05 clutch side crankcase cover too and if so am I better off just getting 05 cases and doing th oil mod. Now keep in mind that I am about out of my toy budget and will just be pulling lint out of my pockets once I pay for the side cases and new crank. My wife has been great but after buying a new press, aircompressor, air tolls and a few specialty tool for doing this motor I don;t think I will be able to talk her into spending much more as I have about run out of excuses in just buying the tools alone LOL. I love new tools but am running out of room in my garage :bawling:

·
Registered
874 Posts
actually, the 07 cases are the same as all the other cases... Its the clutch side outer case thats the difference. The cast numbers on the covers are the same, but theres an oil passage that gets machined and you press an oil squirter into the new machined hole. You can sometimes find the 07 side covers for about 150 on ebay, but my dad can machine (he's done all mine) your side case for you for 135 bucks. you have to buy a 25 dollar oil jet, and 2 dollar o ring to put in. like i said, the main case halves are the same for all years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (chadkrash382 @ Feb 9 2009, 07:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744384
actually, the 07 cases are the same as all the other cases... Its the clutch side outer case thats the difference. The cast numbers on the covers are the same, but theres an oil passage that gets machined and you press an oil squirter into the new machined hole. You can sometimes find the 07 side covers for about 150 on ebay, but my dad can machine (he's done all mine) your side case for you for 135 bucks. you have to buy a 25 dollar oil jet, and 2 dollar o ring to put in. like i said, the main case halves are the same for all years.[/b]

So if I just get an 07 outer side case I should be good to go right ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts