YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke the outer tie rod off and the end of what i call the "spindle" where the tie rod end bolts to today.. Dont really know how... didnt hit hard at all.. I was goin down a road, just doin some slidin around.. slid too hard and ran in the ditch.. Didnt even come close to comin off the bike.. Really didnt hit hard at all.. But i guess my front tires hit a rock "just right" and broke both the tie rod end, and the spindle.. I dont see how it broke both, but it did.. the tie rod end and part of the spindle were just layin on the ground,, no longer attached.. I hadnt even been ridin ten minutes.. Pissed me off.. So wheres the cheapest place to get a Left Spindle and a tie rod end? or should i go with aftermarket spindles? is it worth it? ive hit stuff alot harder than that before, and nothin happened. Is this a common breaking point? Its An 04 by the way. thanks

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
how cold was it?

colder temps make things really brittle

im scared to jump big snowbanks onto flat cuz im scared my shock mounts are gunna break or crack or something

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
in Celsius... lol

im from canada lol

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
ohh

a lil cold but nothing so bad causing things to be brittle

i was ridin in -25C today :icon_eek:

may be a weak spot, im not sure if they've even changed that from 04 to 09. Sorry man, cant really help ya

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just wondering if its really worth it to try and find aftermarket stuff or not.. I can get a stock spindle for 50 bucks on ebay. So im thinkin bout just doin that.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
yea i would

im thinkin its just fatiqued and had a hairline crack or sumtin

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
The only aftermarket spindles I know of are the ones you get when you buy a Pro Traxx front end. And that's a LOT of money to spend just to get a spindle.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well,, i found a used spindle for 24 bucks free shipping on ebay.. Hope its good condition.. And i got a new tie rod end for 14 with free shipping.. hopefully its all good and i wont break it again. I also have my wheels flipped, so i think that stressed it even worse. I ordered an ARS FX MX front end, cuz they are havin a special right now,., so i got em a little cheaper. Ill get shocks later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts