YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 YFZ 450R
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon Sportquad crew.

ok so my most recent mod has been removing the stock breather box set up. i went w/ RP Racing set up and it didn't come w/ any instructions on how to set it up, i had 1 video to go off of and it was for a completely different system, but concept was the same. Today i removed some parts, as i didnt' know if they had any true need after the new RP racing set up. attached are some pictures. My questions are- The electrical i believe is for the Thermosensor, if so , what does that mean and does it need to go back on? 2. the picture w/ the metal hose set up coming out of the motor, what do i do w/ that ? leave it, do i need to run another hose to it? im not going to run the bike until i get this ironed out, kinda sketchy w/ this mod, have plenty of others that i felt really good doing, but this one is a bit differnt. 3. the blue electrical connector, what is that ? thanks for any help. cheers

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Thats the AIS california emmissions krap u removed DO NOT HOOK UP ANY OIL LINES TO IT TO THE METAL PIPE OUT OF engine u gonna messup something. U need the 2013 cable holder from an R yfz to block that hole in the engine eliminating the metal pipe out of engine.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
How u like those moto hoses? They any good?

·
Registered
2020 YFZ 450R
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats the AIS california emmissions krap u removed DO NOT HOOK UP ANY OIL LINES TO IT TO THE METAL PIPE OUT OF engine u gonna messup something. U need the 2013 cable holder from an R yfz to block that hole in the engine eliminating the metal pipe out of engine.

good deal, haven't hooked anything up to that metal pipe, i'll keep that in mind to NOT hook anything up. What is that part called , can i just google cable holder for 2013 YFZ. Know anything about that electrical bit by chance?
thank you for the help here

·
Registered
2020 YFZ 450R
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How u like those moto hoses? They any good?

I like em, the yoshi pipe sticks way out and these hoses seem to do a bit better w/ the heat. probably going to wrap that section of the pipe just for added protection

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
What u could do ive seen it in some instructions is get the ais block off plate, saw off the pipe from the bracket flush and reuse it and screw it back it with the block off at the bottom, i just dont know if there will be plenty of thread engagement for those 2 bolts since its thicker now.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
What u could do ive seen it in some instructions is get the ais block off plate, saw off the pipe from the bracket flush and reuse it and screw it back it with the block off at the bottom, i just dont know if there will be plenty of thread engagement for those 2 bolts since its thicker now.

Anyone know how much pressure is farted out or intaked out the ais buthole?

·
Registered
2020 YFZ 450R
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I found the part for the 2013, should be here in a few days. Motosport has the parts. Is there any fluid that comes out of that hole i should be concerned w/ leaking through that part ? not sure if it comes w/ a gasket or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts