YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi friends, sorry if i have few mistake in my english.
a lot of people here asked question about the breather box after they install FCI also few of you have oil engine in the airbox, so i found the solution with a special mechanic, the engine yamaha build was made to work with X rpm, and we upgrade it with few parts like the FCI and MSD so now the enigne reach to Y rpm so the oil run more faster inside thats the reason that the breather box full with oil and it comes out to the airbox and the great solution is to fill the engine with less oil, instead fill it to "max" (dipstick) i fill it to "medium" and i never have oil in the airbox
hope i helped a few of you.
also every racer know that before a race they never put full oil engine always medium.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
So the recreational trail rider should also only fill up to the "medium" mark?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I always run mine at the low level mark (when warm).

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Haha, you guys realize some people will read this and tear thier motors up! Put the LTR box and fill it up like its supposed to. Problem solved and motor saved.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was thinking about what to do with my breather box today and I came up with an idea that i wanted to ask someone about. Here it is (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong), what exactly is it that makes the LTR box better? Is it because it can fill up more before it overflows? If it is than the idea that I had was to plug the hole that dumps the oil into the air box and make a new one on the top with a line running to the ground. This gives it more of a chance to fill up before overflowing (will it?). I haven't thought it all through yet but any feedback would be great. Again I'm not saying it will work, I just want to know if the idea behind it will. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
all I know is after my husband and I installed the LTR breather box, the oil level stays consistent at medium and no oil in the air box

that works for me

·
Registered
298 Posts
I always fill mine only to the half mark on the dipstick since everybody knows oil multiplies as it gets warmer. The only time i have oil going out the breather hose is when I pop a wheelie when the oil is getting thin and multiplying/increasing the pressure in the case. on the bright side its always a reminder to change the oil. I believe the LTR Box is the best way to go since it prevents contaminants from going up the hose and it just keeps it cleaner.

hi friends, sorry if i have few mistake in my english.
a lot of people here asked question about the breather box after they install FCI also few of you have oil engine in the airbox, so i found the solution with a special mechanic, the engine yamaha build was made to work with X rpm, and we upgrade it with few parts like the FCI and MSD so now the enigne reach to Y rpm so the oil run more faster inside thats the reason that the breather box full with oil and it comes out to the airbox and the great solution is to fill the engine with less oil, instead fill it to "max" (dipstick) i fill it to "medium" and i never have oil in the airbox
hope i helped a few of you.
also every racer know that before a race they never put full oil engine always medium.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so im not the only one here fill the oil engine to "medium" level,
can someone add few pictures of the LTR box ? also the LTR box on YFZ

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I believe with the LTR box it drains back into the case. If you look at where the hoses and such are on the LTR box the breather hose is all the way at the top so basically I think its impossible for it to spit the oil out unless somehow that entire box fills with oil. Then theres a hose at the bottom of the box that goes into the case, which probably just makes the oil drain back in. I dont know how the stock box looks I haven't seen one in years lol. Hard to see in the pic but also the hose coming out of the top of the motor goes into the top of the box.

I bought this bike awhile ago from taylor kiser down at ballance racing with the LTR mod already done, I figured they know alot more about these bikes than I do so I kept it.

·
Registered
797 Posts
it doesnt matter if its on "high" or "medium" as long as there is a consistent flow of oil to the motor. i have mine full and i never have oil coming out of the filter on the breather box. its some little k&n filter that previous owner installed when putting on the fci. works just fine

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
it doesnt matter if its on "high" or "medium" as long as there is a consistent flow of oil to the motor. i have mine full and i never have oil coming out of the filter on the breather box. its some little k&n filter that previous owner installed when putting on the fci. works just fine
Is that on a YFZ or YFZR?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I too have put the little filters on the lines, even though I only drag raced it, it did get the filters wet with oil. I just zip ties the lines beside the fci so maybe that wasn't high enough?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I want to remove the box all together. I guess as long as I always check my oil before every ride. Which I do should be good?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I just put my FCI on with no air box, I purchased a LTR box with the intent of putting it on but after seeing how big and ugly it is I decided to just stick with my stock box. I just zip tied the box to the sub frame in the same spot it was stock ( I may make a bracket if it doesn't hold but seems solid) then ran a line up and put a little filter on it sits right next to my FCI filter under the seat.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts