YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear brake starts to squeal after i ride my yfz for a few minutes. There is still plenty of pad life left and the rotor looks good. I think the pads are touching the rotor constantly and when they get hot is when it starts to scream. What adjustment needs to be made to ease off the pressure on the pads to fix this issue?

·
Registered
858 Posts
If this thing is a few or more years old, I would start disassembling the caliper and greasing the pins that the caliper slides on. If the rubber boots are cracked, you can get new ones. Make sure the piston moves in and out. Then bleed till you get new fluid coming out. That might do the trick.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This^^^ or a warped rotor. Is the parking brake stuck on?

No the parking brake works fine. I can spray the whole thing down with brake cleaner and it will stop for a bit. Then it goes back to wailing. I guess i will take the rotor off and disassemble/clean/lube it really good and see what that does for me. I was hoping there would be an adjustment i could make somewhere, but i dont think there is

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.