YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
After tough considerations, I decided to go with the HMF slipOn. I feel confident that I have made the right choice.

Theres a story that goes along with this thou... I ordered my YFZ from a dealer in another State and ended up getting the run around as to when the quad would really be showing up. All along all the local dealers were receiving thiers. After receiving 3 different answers as to when it was arriving. I had no option (lost confidence) but to goto another dealer and much to my surprize he gave me an figure I just couldnt refuse. SO...... Heres the story, I had a $200. deposit left with this out of state dealer, after a tussle to get my deposit back I offered to put it towards a pipe and they agreed.
I called them today and told them I wanted the HMF w/candy red. So he writes up the order and tells me the final tally. It comes to 329. before taxes!!! :shock I stopped him right there and said I received a quote direct from Kevin at HMF for 229. for the brushed and 20 extra for the candy coat, anyway he goes to say "well he must of messed up" :huh: As to not get into a pissing match and lose any chance of getting my deposit back. I just said please order me the brushed finish. :baby
I was wondering if I could maybe send it out to HMF once i get it to exchange it for the Candy red... I would have to wait longer and mostlikely not have it for the next race in Southwick but I Want the RED one damn it . B) Id be happy to pay shipping and the additional for the upgrade!
ANY CHANCE?
Id be happy to place your stickers in a money spot :rolleyes:

PS how much to buy the header when the time comes :) which will be next week hehehe

·
Registered
582 Posts
DAWG,

First, if your dealer really wants $329 for that pipe and you are in the continental US, you should call us or have them call us so that can be addressed. We won't try to control prices set but I'm just curious. Maybe we aren't charging enough :disgust

As far as the powdercoating goes...just send us the can and of course we'd be happy to get you the candy red!

The head pipe will run you $237.95, unless of course you would like to throw in an extra $50 so I can buy lunch for everyone here. :D

Joe/HMF

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe, Thanks for your reply.
I will be sending out the cover as soon as the pipe arrives! :D I will also be putting my order in for the header. Sorry cant buy lunch for you all this week. ;) I would be happy to discuss the dealer issue with you but I dont want to list the company name here in the forum. Im sure you understand. As far as payment for the color change, how should I handle it?
Thanks
Rus
[email protected]

·
Registered
582 Posts
You got it!

When you send the pipe in, write us a nice letter along with it so what know what to do with your pipe, how to bill it (credit card or cod), and whatever pertinent information you think we should know.

Turnaround should just be a day or so.

Joe/HMF

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MY Pipes in!!!
If I send it out tomorrow, do you think ill have it back by next Saturday. Im racing Sunday and would like to have it.
Thanks
Rus #13

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've got red cans in stock so it all depends on where you live. It will take a day or two to get it back out and then its up to UPS.

:wtf

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Jul 30 2003, 11:47 AM
thats HMF for ya! A+ service!! 8)
Got that right,,,,,,,,i ordered my pipe from JOE today.......seem to be great people/company to deal with,,,,,,,,,,, :rock

I got my slip on in brushed aluminum,,,,,,,,i can PC it later to match my heat shield/frame if i decide to ;)

Anyhow cant wait to get my slip on........we are going to the dunes over labor day........i also got my padles on c series rims today...........

Thanks joe,,,,,,,,,,if you read this 8)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts