YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a company that makes a complete bolt kit for the yfz450r? I have tried calling alloy boltz to see if they have a kit but they never answer the phone.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I went with a eBay listing that had the hardware from a parted out R. Don't get me wrong, some of the bolts were Red and used. But when you need a bolt the night before the race, does it really matter the looks of it? Think I got mine for $50 shipped which was a great price IMO seeing how I always have a bolt or nut that I need.

It even came with the plastic brackets, battery hold down, tb connection piece, and other offset items.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Also, people generally don't think about it unless they're already with the mindset of saving weight, but stainless steel weighs more than mild steel. I'm assuming you're talking about a stainless bolt kit. If you're talking about a standard bolt kit, Motosport.com and RockyMountainATVMC.com usually have generalized bolt kits. If you need anything specific, you may have to go to the dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Whenever possible I swap out my bolts for allen heads...say if I gotta take a side case off I will take the smallest and largest bolts, count em up, go to the local fastener store and get the same thread pitch and size...but if I need to cut a bolt to be shorter then I break out the hacksaw and size it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.