YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting my friends motor back in his 2012 carb model 450r. Along with a lot of other little stuff while we were waiting for the motor to get finished for I believe the 3rd time. Long story ( unfortunately he chose badly when picking the shop to rebuild and upgrade the motor) long expensive story for a later time.

So tonight I was rechecking bolts and everything to make sure things were tight, and things like oil filter had been replaced. Well I found that 2 of the 3 appeared just hand tight. Well nope they were the wrong size and just spun in the hole. Does anyone know the correct size? I know they are a 6x1.0 thread but can’t find the correct length. Also looking for the actual o ring size for the o rings 3 small and 1 large.

Second would be the lines from the oil reservoir to the motor. What’s the proper o ring sizes?

I looked on the oem parts diagrams and just got basic info without sizes.

Anyone able to help.

Also for future use does anyone have a preferred engine shop preferably in Ohio or Indiana?
Cause the idiot in Oklahoma isn’t gonna be touching this one again.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You think they used one of those impact drills those mother eferss like to use on those small bolts for the oil filter cover and squeezed and clak clak clak impaxted the living threads out of em? THAT WOULD SUK IF THEY DID THAT.

ASK IF THEY USE IMPACT GUNS WHEN TIGHTENING STUFF????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You think they used one of those impact drills those mother eferss like to use on those small bolts for the oil filter cover and squeezed and clak clak clak impaxted the living threads out of em? THAT WOULD SUK IF THEY DID THAT.

ASK IF THEY USE IMPACT GUNS WHEN TIGHTENING STUFF????
Wouldn’t be worth my time. This guy is about worthless and needs to find a new line of work. He screwed my buddy who I’m doing the work for. Motor ran the first time for a weekend. Sent it back and BS after BS he had to drive from Ohio to oklahoma to pick up the motor because the shop/guy said he couldn’t afford to ship it back.between dirt and crap in every cover a burnt spark plug in it and immediate leaks as soon as oil got added.oh let’s not forget the 4 months without his quad. Or the ridiculous billing. I think he said he was 4K into the guy including shipping etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts