YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends YFZ ran into some problems yesturday. If your sitting on the bike, on the right/front/top side of the motor, above the exhaust, there is a 'nipple' that has a set screw, whatever was in there fell out, and oil was shooting shooting out of it all over the fan and oil tank. This happen to anyone, why, what did you do, how did you fix it.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
That is an oil releif plug, when there is too much oil presssure it pops out to protect the motor, just go to your Yamaha dealer and get a replacment or 2 or 3 for spare. It is part # 90338-18064-00

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
There have been quite a few posts about this here already.

Here is a billet plug that I have in mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by zych23@Mar 1 2004, 08:50 PM
I WAS WONDERING WHERE AND HOW MUCH THE BILLET PLUG COSTS.
Check the sticky in the Lounge.

·
Registered
237 Posts
pahrump did you get that plug from vibe guy over at thumper talk.
also it is not an oil relief plug it is a decompression plug, it replaces the manual decompression plug on older yzf 400's and 426's

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by yfz_guru@Mar 3 2004, 04:14 PM
pahrump did you get that plug from vibe guy over at thumper talk.
also it is not an oil relief plug it is a decompression plug, it replaces the manual decompression plug on older yzf 400's and 426's
Yeah I did get it from Vibeguy but I never said it was an oil relief plug?? I know what its for.

Check the sticky in the lounge about the billte plugs.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Originally posted by gnc_118@Mar 1 2004, 12:35 PM
That is an oil releif plug, when there is too much oil presssure it pops out to protect the motor, just go to your Yamaha dealer and get a replacment or 2 or 3 for spare. It is part # 90338-18064-00
That's not an oil relief plug.... Well, guess it is now that the decompression mechanism doesn't reside there anymore.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by wildtxn@Mar 3 2004, 11:38 PM
i installed the decompression kit on mine there along with a yz cam
Yeah I remember you saying this but I realy don't understand why you did. The EX cam has an auto decomp built in. None of the dirt bike guys even you the decomp lever now.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Im waiting for my 03 YZ250F cam, so I can replace the one in my 02 YZ250F.
I'm getting rid of the decomp lever, it sucks. So does having the hot choke on the side of the carb.

Im a Yamaha guy. (even though I have 250R's), but I like how Honda includes a "hot start lever" on the hndle bars.

I guess our YFZ's dont need a hot choke, because the hole on the side of the carb is blocked off.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
They do make a HotStart lever for the YFZ to use when you install the kicker, but I have had the kicker for a while and hove not really seen the need for it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
the stock plug is plastic, we have only seen this on a stocker with a pipe and they didn't rejet, I suspect that the high temps from been miles to lean softened or melted the plastic "bung"...............

That billet plug looks nice though. Anyone doing billet plugs to replace the magnato cover timing plug / flywheel nut acces plug ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts