YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 yfz450 carb model and I have rebuilt the carb rejetted to 172 main and 48 Pilot. I have a slip on lexx mx no quite core. K&n air filter with out air box lid. Air/fuel is 2 1/4 out. Thinking I need to lower the leak jet size to 35 or smaller. Don't want to buy a quick shot. Other then the bog when trying to accelerate quickly it runs great.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
172 main and 48 Pilot for a slip on is pretty big. Adjusting the accelerator pump timing and doing the o-ring or ziptie mod will help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bring the main to 165 , your to rich.
I have an 05 original piston and rings. Full titanium oshi exh, Fuel Custom Intake, with 48 pilot and 165 main. 2 1/4 turn out on fuel mixture screw.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bring the main to 165 , your to rich.
I have an 05 original piston and rings. Full titanium oshi exh, Fuel Custom Intake, with 48 pilot and 165 main. 2 1/4 turn out on fuel mixture screw.
That’s not necessarily true because there are a bunch of variables that you have to take into account such as temp, alt, and humidity. I live at 4500ft, in a dry area, and my mods are fci and hang slip on and I run 185 main, 52pilot, and 3 turns out on fuel screw, you also have to take clip position into account, and the accelerator pump timing, there’s so many things that it’s difficult to say for sure on what the bike needs with the current info given, if you give more it’d be easier to help guide you to a successful tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts