YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, i just put on my hmf full system exhaust. I put in a 175 main jet, 48 pilot jet, and 4th clip on the needle. It starts up fine, but when i punch the gas really fast idling, it will almost die on me. Also i took a couple runs up this fire road and when i got up to 5th gear , i noticed it would sputter...and im sure its not the rev limiter. I live in Maine and i am about 550ft. above sea level. I think i might be a lil too rich, please me help me out on this one! ...THANKS

·
Registered
983 Posts
do you have the YZ needle or the stock needle in the carb? DO you have the lid on?
NO popping during decelleration?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the exact same problem. Thought I was too rich. Went from a 180 to 175 and it got worse. Was gonna move the needle up to the 4th clip, but if that isn't workin Maybe I'll wait.

180 main (tried 175)
45 pilot (tried 48)
3rd groove on yz needle(try 4?)
cam mod
k&N with no airbox
full Sparks exhaust

Lars

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no sputtering during deceleration only when im pinned to the bar. I have the gytr needle and the lid off and 2 1/2 turns out on mixture screw. And also when im idling , if i punch the throttle it almost dies one me....ANYONE HAVE IDEA WHATS UP??

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
As far as the problem of stabbing the gas from idle and it will die...

That's not a problem its called a big carb on a small engine. There are many posts on this subject. And you can read a great deal about it on Thumpertalk.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts