YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone I'm having issues with the bike bogging down and stalling out when you hit the throttle quickly. I have tried the zip tie trick and still having issues. Anyone have any suggestions of what the problem could be? It is an 06 and completely stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2008 yfz450, unfortunately this a problem with nearly every single yfz owner that I know. I bought a boysesen quickshot 3 accelerator pump cover with the adjustable leak jet and it helped, but did not totally take the bog issue away. Some people say zip tie works, some people say the pump cover works, some say neither work. I would say if you have tried the zip tie mod and got no results try the pump cover. it is relatively inexpensive and pretty simple to install. boyesen 3 is like 100 bucks and boyesen 2 is 80 bucks off of www.rockymountainatvmc.com.

Good luck !

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Is your accelerator pump good? Nice steady spray when pumped? I have no bog whatsoever on my 07. Tuning wil fix it, just takes a lot of tweaking to get it there

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
How do you test the acceleration pump?
Easiest is with carb removed but pull intake and stav throttle wide open will looking down the carb. Should see a nice steady stream of fuel jetted towards the engine. Easiest with carb off so the stream can be viewed in full.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.