YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a free bog fix the more i ride it the more i see it i fill it more at low speeds or little throttle . i watched this video
but i dont like how high it idles so is there something i can take off or block off to fix it with out paying an arm and leg

·
Registered
1 Posts
is there a free bog fix the more i ride it the more i see it i fill it more at low speeds or little throttle . i watched this video
but i dont like how high it idles so is there something i can take off or block off to fix it with out paying an arm and leg
I was wondering the same thing! So they run a little lean already from the factory?

·
Registered
2020 YFZ450R SE
114 Posts
I was wondering the same thing! So they run a little lean already from the factory?
I know the Vortex may fall into the "arm and a leg category" but it's worth every penny. For me and I'm sure many more on this thread, it's changed my quad drastically. The cheaper option would be a fuel programmer which are roughly half the price (I think) of a Vortex and should help with the bog quite a bit. I can't speak to the programmers too much because I've never had one. Personally I wouldn't ever run anything other than a Vortex now that I have one. It makes the quad run 100 times better than it did from the showroom floor. The cheapest option would be the TPS adjustment shown in the video attached and some say the AIS delete helps as well but again, I can't speak to that much either because I ended up doing all the mods at once. Maybe someone who has done the AIS delete prior to getting a programmer or Vortex can add some input on that mod.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know the Vortex may fall into the "arm and a leg category" but it's worth every penny. For me and I'm sure many more on this thread, it's changed my quad drastically. The cheaper option would be a fuel programmer which are roughly half the price (I think) of a Vortex and should help with the bog quite a bit. I can't speak to the programmers too much because I've never had one. Personally I wouldn't ever run anything other than a Vortex now that I have one. It makes the quad run 100 times better than it did from the showroom floor. The cheapest option would be the TPS adjustment shown in the video attached and some say the AIS delete helps as well but again, I can't speak to that much either because I ended up doing all the mods at once. Maybe someone who has done the AIS delete prior to getting a programmer or Vortex can add some input on that mod.
The AIS delete did not help mine with the bog. I did just order a Vortex, they are 2 weeks backordered. Looking forward to it. Do you always have to adjust the TPS with the vortex as well?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
On my 18 with new vortex 776 map 1 + PRP MOUNT WORKS PERFECT NO dicking around with tps angle. Sounds like people that have issues the TPS angle is outta whack from assembly line. YES THE VORTEX GIVES YOU INSTANT throttle response no delay no bog. Thank CA for having to buy a vortex. On my quad there was no 1 minute running like krap then it works. IT SIMPLY WORKED OFF THE BAT IDLE WAS FINE SINCE THE BEGINNING Each quad gonna be different. VORTEX MADE MY QUAD A LOT MORE THIRSTY FOR 91 CHEVRON.

I recommend an antigravity batt with restart feature otherwise it gonna kill your battery if u dont run it at least once a week.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts