YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got blue fenders on my YFZ. I have only ridden it twice, and they are dull and look like crap. For you guys that have blue how do you keep them shinny?

I used WD-40 on them and it dulls them right up when it dries. I used WD-40 because thats what i used on my 400ex for 4 years and it worked awsome. I'd wipe wd-40 on my 400ex fenders and wipe it off, and it would stay nice. Any thing work like that on blue YFZ fenders? I was going to give pledge a try.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Plastic Renew is to fixed badly scratched and old fenders.
The answet to all your questions is, wash the quad with Simple Green and then use Armor-All on the fedners.
Apply the armor all to the fenders the same way you do to the interir of your car.
It looks great.
I've been doing it for the last 3 years on my Blaster and now on my YFZ.
Tony

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used plastic renew on my original 400ex fenders. Biggest regret ever, looked like utter crap. I bought new fenders.

I'm not looking for a permanant shine. I just want it to stay shinny after i wash it. Only way WD-40 works on the blue yfz fenders is to leave it on wet. I like wiping it off so its not greasy.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mop & Glo floor wax. Works great and smells good too! Here's how I do it. Wash your quad, and once the plastic is dry take the Mop & Glow and apply some to a folded paper towel. Wipe down the blue plastic until you have it completely covered and " wet " looking. Allow it to air dry. Important...do not touch the plastic until it is dry. It won't make the scratches go away but bring back the shine. Best of all, it's cheap, fast and easy to apply, and is available in nearly every grocery store in North America :D .

·
Registered
122 Posts
plastic renew

·
Registered
834 Posts
Take off the gas cap and ride a red/white YFZ under it :lol

·
Registered
651 Posts
I use either Tire foam or silicone spray. Either works really well and does not make the plastic brittle. For the tire foam, I spray it on and wipe with a rag, The silicone just spray an even coat. Do not get either on seat!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use an item called "plexus" it is a plastic/plexi glass cleaner and polish. Works great on my black fenders. A little pricey though at 9 bucks a can, but I have had my can for over a year. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by Y2JRaptor@Feb 14 2004, 09:58 PM
armor-all works a treat on the plastics and the seat.
You'll only make that mistake once :eek :lol

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by SteveAZ+Feb 15 2004, 12:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SteveAZ @ Feb 15 2004, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Y2JRaptor@Feb 14 2004, 09:58 PM
You'll only make that mistake once :eek :lol [/b][/quote]
:stupid u slide off the seat so easy it isnt even funny....... do not put it on ur seat :nono

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Feb 15 2004, 10:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Feb 15 2004, 10:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 12:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Y2JRaptor
@Feb 14 2004, 09:58 PM

:stupid u slide off the seat so easy it isnt even funny....... do not put it on ur seat :nono[/b][/quote]
you sit down when you ride your yfz :what .............j/k :lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
After I wash my machine I spray all the plastics and cables and hoses with armor all, I let it stand over night then wipe it down. it looks like new everytime. Before my YFZ I had a blue raptor 2 years old, the machine looked almost as clean as the day I bought it from doung this everytime. Armor All works great, but do not get it on the seat, if you do, you will only do this once. :lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Motul makes a product called Shine N' Go that I use on my bike. It is a silicone spray that nearly eliminates the scratches and puts a layer of silicone on the bike that prevents mud from sticking to the plastics. I spray it on everthing. But it leaves a shiny gloss on the bike and you dont have to wipe it if you dont want to. It even smells good. I would not recommend applying more than 3 coats between washes though, it leaves a wierd film if you dont wash your bike for a while. But its a great product ...... somewhere around 7 bucks a can i think. Works great for MX racing. BUT DONT GET IT ON THE SEAT!!! :O !!! Unless you have a problem getting your ass off the center in the corners, then appl a coat or two :lol

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by sparky+Feb 15 2004, 11:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sparky @ Feb 15 2004, 11:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2004, 12:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Y2JRaptor
@Feb 14 2004, 09:58 PM

:stupid u slide off the seat so easy it isnt even funny....... do not put it on ur seat :nono
you sit down when you ride your yfz :what .............j/k :lol [/b][/quote]
well i tend to get in front of riders like u rather quickly so i sit down and chill a little while :blah

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've always used Silkolene Pro Prep or Maxima SC-1 which we also keep in the shops bathroom as the airfreshner. Smells exactly like cherries and works awesome. They're both a silicone based spray and you just spray on and wipe off. Not too slimey looking but just right in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts