YFZ Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wearing quality gloves he's still getting blisters.

Would changing to a different grips help?

Any suggestions???

Thanks and appreciated.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450 kid@Feb 19 2004, 06:30 PM
Wearing quality gloves he's still getting blisters.

Would changing to a different grips help?

Any suggestions???

Thanks and appreciated.
Don't take this the wrong way..... But it's like golf, you squeeze to tight and hit too many- your'e gonna get the blisters. But eventually, those blisters turn into calluses. You can try the moleskin tape too, under the glove-stick it to the hot spots on his hands. It helps a little.

Maybe look for other gloves that have more/better padding in the hot area's. I know if the glove is too tight or too lose, it will cause a hot spot. Let us know what works-

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
it is from holding on too tight or the glove being too big..... i had gloves that were too big, then got sum that fit and didnt really get em so i think that could be the problem

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by YFZinJay@Feb 19 2004, 06:57 PM
Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good....
thats true he will grow calices eventually

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Definitely change the grips. Stock grips suck. The more the cushion the better the push--..., :lol ...I mean the better the grips will comform to your fingers/palms and give to pressure.

Check the glove size, make sure they fit right. Not too tight/loose.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by OffRoadAce@Feb 19 2004, 09:30 PM
The more the cushion the better the push
lmao!! :lol :lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Try getting Renthal soft compound grips for the kid. I use them myself, and my hands used to blister badly, but I switched to these and no more. :woo

·
Registered
503 Posts
the renthal ones would probably work pretty well for the kids as they're a bit smaller. i prefer the oury grips, but i have pretty large hands. they have a lot of cush to them.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Originally posted by Jester6@Feb 19 2004, 07:49 PM
Try getting Renthal soft compound grips for the kid. I use them myself, and my hands used to blister badly, but I switched to these and no more. :woo
I have a pair also, and love'em, but they do wear faster than the other compounds. :sonic

·
Registered
304 Posts
I HAVE A PAIR OF RENTHALS SOFT FULL DIAMOND GRIPS AND I HAVEN'T GOT ANY BLISTERS SINCE I GOT THEM. ILOVE THEM

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been a drummer since 5 (i'm 34 now) and i have learned that blisters lead to callouses(i've ha d thousands over the years),(which is good) i know blisters suck, but in the long run( i week or so) they will callous up, and he\she wont hurt anymore:)~Let them dry naturally,DON'T PICK AT THEM!!!!
JEFF
PS i know we hate to see our kids hurt, but they are the most resilient to pain then any or all of us combined!!I have 2 girls(5-8), so dont take this as a person thats being harsh:)~and yes they play the drums also,,hehe

JEFF

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Tell him life is no bed of roses and quit being a sissy girl!

Seriously though, they're a part of riding. His hands will get tougher.

·
Registered
122 Posts
u could get softer grips .......but anyway if your son is getting them y does it bother him so much that would be the least of your worries cause he will flip his quad and do many other hurtful things dont take it personally

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Tampa450@Feb 20 2004, 08:01 PM
Tell him life is no bed of roses and quit being a sissy girl!

Seriously though, they're a part of riding. His hands will get tougher.
He's not complaining about them, he ain't no sissy girl, dude, as a parent I'm trying to prevent them, we've never encountered them in years of quading until we bought the YFZ's

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'd check the fitting of the gloves first. After that, decrease the length of his rides. That will give his hands a chance to callouse up a bit. As his hands become less of a problem, increase the length of the rides. Ride, rest, ride, rest. If the gloves are the right size, his hands will toughen up shortly.

·
Registered
122 Posts
their only blister what do they matter that happened to me until i got calases

1 - 19 of 19 Posts