YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it to buy one? I am considering buying one. I will race a few motocross races on it but not too many. I would be buying this machine for a fun/trail riding machine for my family as well as myself.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You're not gonna like it if you're over 5'6" or so. I've ridden one, and I was really cramped. I even feel cramped on my Warrior. But ride it for yourself and see.

A

·
0 Posts
i have ridden a blaster and im 5'7" and it felt physically small on me yes there a great machine but you should really go sit and if you could possibly ride one that would be the best way to tell if it was what you want or to small i personally like the fell of a bigger machine but thats just me .

justin

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
WHat exactly do you mean by family..
I certainly wouldn't let any kids under 12 on a 450 let alone a 400.
And truthfully if its for the family you might want to look at something practical instead of the newest thing out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
where you located I got a friend selling an 02 blue blaster that's in pretty good shape, memphis TN area

·
Registered
460 Posts
i rode my 95 till the wheels fell off they are great trail machines and EXTREMELY reliable !! i never had a worry other then brakes but hey the new ones have hydro brakes !! cant go wrong with that !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
im 6-2, 175 ibs and i race a blaster. im big but i can race it good and i dont feel to cramped but thats most likley because i dont really ride anything else.. if i got on a banshee or a z for a while and went back to a blaster im sure i would feel way to big for it.. but i like my blaster.. im selling it later in the summer and getting a yfz but im gonna cry when it leaves :( i have stuck neatly every penny i have earned into that thing over the last 3 years that i have had it

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Blasters would not be good for MX at all. If you want a good family trail quad I would say Warrior. Blasters are kinda small and I dont like their lack of power.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ@Jul 3 2003, 05:15 PM
Blasters would not be good for MX at all. If you want a good family trail quad I would say Warrior. Blasters are kinda small and I dont like their lack of power.
I agree 100%. If you want something all around for the family, I would go with a warrior or a 300EX or something. If you are going to MX it, I don't think you'd be happy with anything less than a 400EX, Z400, YFZ, etc.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i think your wrong about blaster not being good at mx they are awsome at mx they are light you can throw them around a corner with no problem i race one and im 5'10 and i think it works perfect and bein underpowered thats why you mod it mines got a 240 kit motor dont by ct its a fast machine! heres a pic of it! this is what you can do to a blaster if you really want a mx machine!

:rock

1 - 20 of 25 Posts